Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cadillac Unveils The XTS Platinum Concept

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

DETROIT – Cadillac unveiled the XTS Platinum Concept at the 2010 North American International Auto Show, suggesting a new paradigm for the luxury sedan of the future. The concept showcases Cadillac’s emerging top-of-the-line Platinum series of models, emphasizing new expressions of luxury and technological features, including a plug-in hybrid propulsion system.

Cadillac Unveils The XTS Platinum Concept - GM mediaOnline

Looks like a re-skinned Malibu to me.

OK - I was blind, but now I see...

:ugh​

62033488.png

52013440.png

Sure wish they'd start giving these vehicles names instead of letters. :confused

I wonder what that gem is gonna go for......

If it does turn out that this car is on the same platform of the Malibu, I would guess that the pricing would be similar to the manner in which the Cadillac Escalade is priced versus the Chevrolet Tahoe. Same underlying vehicle, way more money for the Caddy.

Shades of my old favorite, the Cimmaron... :pukeI hope it's a bit more successful!:eyerole

:w
...............suggesting a new paradigm for the luxury sedan of the future.
That means less car for more money.:boogie

I know that they cant spend the money to change style, but I am getting sick of that out dated chisel look!!
It seems like it has been around forever.;shrug

:w
...............suggesting a new paradigm for the luxury sedan of the future.
That means less car for more money.:boogie

I know that they cant spend the money to change style, but I am getting sick of that out dated chisel look!!
It seems like it has been around forever.;shrug

Yup - its sad. GM is a mess and Cadillac has gone way downhill.

Caddy's in fine shape, they have the best line-up of vehicles they've had in year. The CTS line has hit high marks since day 1. :thumb

First y'all go after the XTS and then say all Caddy's are bad. Bunk, go by yourselves a freaking import! :w

L8TR - D

Sorry if it upsets you 6 Shooter, but growing up my parents drove only Cadillacs. Back in the day they were great cars. As the years went on I then owned 2 Caddys and my wife had owned one. The cars were a nightmare, warranty or not. We still have copies of all of the repair bills. My parents still drive Caddys, they are unwisely loyal to the brand. So when I say that Caddy has gone downhill, it comes from 46 years of experience with these cars. And yes - the XTS is a Malibu- which is also a Saturn Aura, Just like the Escalade and an H2 is a Tahoe. If GM wants to sell Cadillacs, they should build one, not rebrand other GM products or pull something out from down under ( Aussie Holdens) and call them Cadillacs. This is why Cadillac is not considered a Luxury brand anymore no matter how much advertising they do. BTW - I've never owned an import - never will. :w

FM1 - I ain't sticking up for the Malibu Caddy you speak of, but as for comparing the old Caddy boats to todays state of the art CTS line of vehicles, there's no comparison, them old boats are taking water fast. :D

L8TR - D

It seems to me that the Volt will be used as a base here also.
Then they will have a much buck hybrid econo which would appeal to the Hollyweird crowd.
It will probably run about $70K??
That way you can have your luxury and still save the planet.
It will most likely get about 650MPG equlivalent.

FM1 - I ain't sticking up for the Malibu Caddy you speak of, but as for comparing the old Caddy boats to todays state of the art CTS line of vehicles, there's no comparison, them old boats are taking water fast. :D

L8TR - D

The cars that I am speaking of range from the '70 's models right through 2006. Boats & Dinghys included. Cadillac has taken enough of my familys money and it stops with me. Personal Choice.

It seems to me that the Volt will be used as a base here also.
Then they will have a much buck hybrid econo which would appeal to the Hollyweird crowd.
It will probably run about $70K??
That way you can have your luxury and still save the planet.
It will most likely get about 650MPG equlivalent.

Check this out - You are in NJ so am I. We are a densely populated area. This is what I think our problem is going to be once people beging to purchase electric Volt style cars.
On a hot summer day when everyone is running their home air conditioning all we ever hear about and experience is "brown outs" and "black outs" to the high demand of electricity.
With that being said , How the heck is the electrical grid and power companies going to be able to handle the high demand for electricity when everybody plugs in their Chevy Volt overnight to charge up for the next day ?

With that being said , How the heck is the electrical grid and power companies going to be able to handle the high demand for electricity when everybody plugs in their Chevy Volt overnight to charge up for the next day ?

With federally funded nuclear power plants per George Bush about two summers ago. There is absolutely nothing ecology friendly about electric or hybrid vehicles.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom