Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

caliper indentity

lobes290

Corvette
1979 white l-82
In the past i have cleared up some runout issues by shimming the rotors; that being said my pass. caliper started to leak. I was told by the guy i bought the car from "Dont ever buy new calipers those are the rebuildable kind" so im guessing that they are sleeved? so therefore i can purchase some sort of kit to rebuild them? My question then is how do i identify if they are the sleeved kind (are all vette calipers sleeved?); and if its lip-seal or o ring, and where to buy the rebuild kit from, ive searched vbp but could only seem to find oring upgrade kits...

thanks alot

When my '79 calipers started leaking I took them apart and polished the inside with a brilo pad. Oreilly auto parts had a rebuild kit for $11. I have done to calipers so far and have had no problem. Sure beat $90 for rebuilt calipers.

...My question then is how do i identify if they are the sleeved kind (are all vette calipers sleeved?)...

You can usually see the sleeve in the bore. No, not all Corvette calipers are sleeved. OEM calipers were not sleeved. Sleeved calipers are products of the Corvette aftermarket.

...where to buy the rebuild kit from...

The major Corvette aftermarket providers carry the caliper rebuild kits. You should also be able to obtain rebuild kits and pads from any of the generic auto parts places.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom