Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Aerobody for sale OCALA FL

The guy who is bidding for it is the same as who bought the front and sides fenders a few months ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7954948333&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

maybe I am mistaking but on this auction there are no side fenders included ?

this auction just comes a few months too late for me, I just invested the money in a interior restoration for my Vette
and at this moment my Vette is at the repairshop for a rebuild tranny

cha ching, that hurts :ugh

I think that's right in Surf's backyard. I agree - I don't see the front fender "gill panels" or the pieces that go behind the doors and in front of the rear wheels. Odd because the rest of the pieces all seem to be there.

You are correct... I'm just losing it. They are part of the rocker panel. :crazy

never mind,

If I had to count the times I overlooked, gjeee :confused

I wrote this Scot a mail via EBAY, too see if he sells the Black front bumper when he wins this auction.

I can put it on my body, and gives me a good preview of how my garage should be filled in a few years :D

Guys I went and looked at the kit today. The side panels/gills are missing. The kit is pretty dirty but in good shape. There are some cracks in the rear bumper that go thru the CALLAWAY lettering, but I think a good body man could fix them. And another spot that looks like it got rubbed by a grinder. Again this could be fixed.

All in all it looks like pretty good deal. Too hard to tell if all the mounting hardware is there b/c its all in baggies and boxes.

It sure would look good on 88-048 ;)

Looks legit and some extra parts too???

Also looks like some folks here are bidding against one another - hopefully the price will not get driven out of what it is worth, by Surf's description, it is new - but in need of prep/body work.

Good luck guy's :m

Nice, i still need a new front and rear bumper for on my 81 :D:D

Groeten Peter.

its official...the side gill panels are MIA. Better check with Callaway on replacement prices on those parts.

Ouch...just got the price of the replacement panels. :D

The cost of those 2 panels is approximately what the current bid is. :eek:

also looks like there are some sheet metal pieces missing that go under the nose. they are on the sides of the radiator opening, and shape the air flow into the bottom breather area.

I don't see the two teardrops that go on hood in place of emblem. Did you see these when you looked Josh? No price back from the seller on shipping yet?? #59 got to port Long Beach Ca. today. An areobody would be a nice improvement as long as I have to redo car anyway. :upthumbs . I'm seriously consirdering a color change. Any opinions? Don't think it would matter as much on a car with previous damage history and I'm not planning on selling anyway!

It's going to be a busy summer:W probably can't have car done by Carlisle.

Bill, i did see a couple of pieces of sheet metal on the floor at their shop. Do you have pics of the ones youre talking about? I have no idea if these went to this kit or if they were laying around for some other auction.

Seems the price may be near maxed out. At ~$1500 for the side gills and replacement of any other missing pieces the cost may approach that of a new Aerobody kit.

Didn't see any teardrops, but i didn't go thru all the small baggies either. The list is in the auction tho.

surf ,so what exacly do you think are missing so I can price Balance with Callaway

Are the rear side marker retaining panels also missing (black inserts)? I also did not see the Callaway emblems front and rear plus the gill panels and lower aero-plates as noted before...

Hard to say Scott. Id prep for another 2-2.5k if it were me, which is why Im not bidding. I don't know all the workings like the sheet metal pieces that are missing. As I posted earlier the two missing gill panels are 1500 from Callaway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom