Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Callaway Display) Part III - The finished results...

Corvette
1989 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe
Arriving at the National Corvette Museum today after Chris & I drove most of the day, it was about 2am when we arrived at Bowling Green. Getting to the NCM by about 8, we met with the group in charge, then went to work.

Finishing atabout 10 minutes until 6 in the evening, the museum had closed at 5 :eek

Great staff to work with, they are excited to learn of Callaway Cars 20 years of history!

Leaving to head back home, we made it part of the way - this was a long day for sure!

Here are the results of what Chris and I accomplished with the assistance of EVERYONE who participated I know I speak for the both of us when I say, Thank you! :cool

attachment.php

Looks great Guys,

Big help for the people to learn more about the Callaways and there history!

Groeten Peter.

Whew - I am exhausted! :crazy

Just got home from the road, as last night, I realized I was spent! (and stopped for the night)

Working on the display took most of yesterday, after discussing many plans for the future w/ the museum :cool

While we'll have more on that in the coming weeks (next meeting in Sept.), the display went to reality from idea, without a hitch! :upthumbs

The committe that determines what is displayed, realized after being informed about the "Twenty Years of Callaway (Corvette) Performance" was 2007, that it was a good idea to promote that theme :cool

The museum staff was outstanding to work with, bending over backwards to help, ANY WAY they could to make it a better cabinet.

Pete and I had visualized how we would set it up - but without seeing the cabinet for sure, we had no solid plans.
Working for hours, we actually made the top shelf (the only full length shelf) first, only to realize the new brackets were too long and the door would not shut :eek Finding another shelf, we made another attempt - this time it was a winner :cool

Three other shelves make up the display, with the museum providing holders for magazines and to elevate the intercooler and angle the owners presentation kit.

Pete had bought some blue felt and that serves as the backdrop and protector along the base making a nice contrast. Luigi's photo poster from various
cog.gif
events served as the backdrop for the other side - with about 130 images, look for your car next time you head over to the museum!

Completing the display, hard stock cards were placed at items that were either in need of further explanation, or at items of detail such as the wonderbar, owners kit, or the intercooler which is mistaken a lot of times for the turbo.

Credit was given to those who loaned items for this display, as I typed up an 11x17 board that the NCM then framed in a plaque to go on top of the case - Very cool!

Again, I want to thank everyone who supported this idea and offered their positive comments of support - The case made a HUGE impact in the hour or so it was visible on Sat. as the last of the visitors there, were the FIRST to see the finished product - they ALL said how nice it looked and many knew little about the Callaway Corvettes prior to reading and seeing the case :cool

Again, Thank you for helping make this a reality!
cog.gif

Arriving at the National Corvette Museum today after Chris & I drove most of the day, it was about 2am when we arrived at Bowling Green. Getting to the NCM by about 8, we met with the group in charge, then went to work.

Finishing atabout 10 minutes until 6 in the evening, the museum had closed at 5 :eek

Great staff to work with, they are excited to learn of Callaway Cars 20 years of history!

Leaving to head back home, we made it part of the way - this was a long day for sure!

Here are the results of what Chris and I accomplished with the assistance of EVERYONE who participated I know I speak for the both of us when I say, Thank you! :cool

Chris/Pete-

We all appreciate you guys representing the Callaway marquee at the museum - it looks incredible!! I applaud your efforts and can't thank you guys enough for making us all look good. Go grab yourself some sleep, well deserved I might add... Again, thank you for keeping us all proud to own such a great vehicle!!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS I just got in from another event "Corvettes for Kids" - what a great time! Guess what the Callaway Speedster broke the 1,000 mile barrier today!!! Life is good!!

:upthumbs Very Cool :upthumbs

Thanks guys for all your effort in doing this for us owners and enthusiasts.

the display case looks very sharp , and I do not mean the case itselfs ;) :L

Chris and Pete
We are all most greatful for you work and dedication to the Callaway legacy. Thanx for your effort and time....mike

Awesome job! I love your license plate frame too!

Chris and Pete
We are all most greatful for you work and dedication to the Callaway legacy. Thanx for your effort and time....mike

Mike, thanks again for sending the items you did - they are nicely displayed on the top shelf on the left side of the case. :cool

:upthumbs Very Cool :upthumbs

Thanks guys for all your effort in doing this for us owners and enthusiasts.

the display case looks very sharp , and I do not mean the case itselfs ;) :L

Jeroen - thank you again for sending an item! Being overseas, I know that obstacle was tough, but not impossible to overcome :cool

Chris/Pete-

We all appreciate you guys representing the Callaway marquee at the museum - it looks incredible!! I applaud your efforts and can't thank you guys enough for making us all look good. Go grab yourself some sleep, well deserved I might add... Again, thank you for keeping us all proud to own such a great vehicle!!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS I just got in from another event "Corvettes for Kids" - what a great time! Guess what the Callaway Speedster broke the 1,000 mile barrier today!!! Life is good!!

Thanks Lance - Your Jacket was an amazing addition to this display :cool

Got a little sleep last night after running <<wide open>> for three days :crazy

Congrats on breaking 1k mi on the car - Very COOL! :cool

...you know, the same designer of the C5 Corvette (John Cafaro), also penned the Cavalier ~ strange, but true :cool
He also helped design the 4th generation Camaro :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom