Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway supernatual exhaust: how restrictive?

S

sothpaw

I saw this for sale recently on another site--it's the exhaust from a Callaway supernatural car.
Very limited production, I understand.

Question: Is this going to help my 1/4 mi time as much as a power effects (or other free-flowing
exhaust system) would in full open position?

What was Callaway trying to do with the exhaust,what were the politics? Was he trying for
hp or to quiet something down?

Any help is appreciated!

Andy

Can't really give you an answer...

Other than to say it is probably no better than any other quality free flowing exhaust. It may not even be as good as some of the best of those available. Unless you want it BECAUSE it is a Callaway exhaust I'd say don't bother.

keep this in mind as well.....

The SuperNatural center exhaust meant the removal of the spare tire and it's carrier as there is no longer room for it.
This exhaust has made more power on the Callaway Corvettes (SN's) however, the reason I mentioned had kept some from putting it on their car.
*89x2*

Chris, I believe he's referring to the SN dual exhaust that is a catback with Y-Pipe and twin mufflers. This one has been bounced around in the past month on eBay and now for sale by the buyer who decided it wasn’t for him.

The other thing that prohibits people from buying the center exit exhaust is it’s HUGE price tag and the fact that it’s custom made and Callaway requires your car to do it.

resonance vs. restriction

The fellow that's selling this seems to think the resonance is not bad, less than
Power effects in the 3 wider open positions. Yet, he claims a seat of the paints
can in hp. If not sure if both are possible...

and I'm not after this because it's a callaway, just for the price.

Thanks,

Andy

One of our LT5 Registry members had his wife's 91 ZR-1 w/Callaway exhaust in our parking area. Having never seen one of these exhaust systems on a ZR-1,I was impressed. It sounded great and fit like a glove.

The other thing that prohibits people from buying the center exit exhaust is it’s HUGE price tag and the fact that it’s custom made and Callaway requires your car to do it. [/B]

Those are exactly the reasons I'm building my own Speedster exhaust system on my ZR-1. The components I'm using are the front half of the new B&B TriFlo system w/3" headpipes and X-pipe,then using a single Bassani 3" dual inlet/dual outlet muffler.
Total cost should be in the ballpark of $1,000.
As for doing without a spare tire,big deal. If a tire repair kit is good enough for Z06 owners,it's good enough for me.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom