Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaways and New Post Prefixes

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Please be advised, the ZR-1 Forum now includes discussion for Callaway Corvettes. When starting threads in this forum, please specify whether it's Callaway or ZR-1 related by specifying a Post Prefix.

When you go to start a new thread, right above the Subject line, you will see "Post Prefix:" with a drop down box. You can choose Callaway or ZR-1 from there.

Thanks again .. Rob :beer

Now let's see how many are on here.

I had been introduced to this site, last Summer and really hadn't spent much time here.. I was told today about the decision to formally include Callaway's I and I say to that, THANKS!!!! Another site could evidently not swallow a little pride to include a recognized option (Callaway B2K) in a header but you have and I appreciate it! look forward to spendin some time here.
Thanks again! *89x2*

• Admin
No problem. I had an option included here where you could specify either "Callaway" or ZR-1 at the beginning of the topic, but when I upgraded the forums, I lost the hack and haven't been able to get it working again. It was a pain in the butt to install before.

I'm debating whether or not to open up a Callaway only forum, but I'm a little cautious since I'm not sure there would be enough traffic through it. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

As for another forum not wanting to recognize the B2K option....why not? It's a Corvette....isn't it? That's all that matters.

Rob said:
I'm debating whether or not to open up a Callaway only forum, but I'm a little cautious since I'm not sure there would be enough traffic through it. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

As for another forum not wanting to recognize the B2K option....why not? It's a Corvette....isn't it? That's all that matters.
I had asked a few times about a combo ZR1 / B2K forum and it always resulted in a flame war... I think that based on traffic @ the other site, a Callaway only site could be done if you corraled their posters. I look forward to others discovering this forum as I re discovered it today.
*89x2*

*89x2* said:
I had been introduced to this site, last Summer and really hadn't spent much time here.. I was told today about the decision to formally include Callaway's I and I say to that, THANKS!!!! Another site could evidently not swallow a little pride to include a recognized option (Callaway B2K) in a header but you have and I appreciate it! look forward to spendin some time here. Thanks again! *89x2*

Welcome to the CAC! I knew you'd find your way here eventually;). I was afraid I was going to have to bring a laptop to Burger King this year to get you.:L:L

See you soon!

- Eric

71Shark said:

Welcome to the CAC! I knew you'd find your way here eventually;). I was afraid I was going to have to bring a laptop to Burger King this year to get you.:L:L

See you soon!

- Eric
Eric, good hearin from you! Stan A. had clued me into the ZR1/Callaway tech section and I had a request to make the callaway section it's own. In less than a minute, it was done! that other site had forum members devoting what seemed to be hours, posting why it should not. I commend Rob on a wise choice as his site WILL get increased traffic as a reult. :)

Yep, it's pretty awesome that there's a Callaway section in a non-political forum. It's totally ludicrous that the Vette Forum wouldn't specify a specific section for Callaway. Of course, then again, it doesn't surprise me, adding on another section would add the need for another 1k of memory... whoa, that means that their server would crash 10 times daily instead of 9 !!!! :bash

Actually, the Vette Forum is pretty good. I can't knock it. The only thing really flawed is some misc logic. It's not a democracy, it's a forum!

For the record....I dislike politics.....and THIS is a democracy.

If there is something you want to see here, speak up. If there is something you don't want to see here, SPEAK UP. In the past, I have always encouraged members to speak up and voice their opinions about how things are run here.

What is a forum? It's a group of members that come together for a collective reason. In this case, it's Corvettes. If the membership is not happy, they will leave, and if there are no members, there is no forum. Plain and simple.

So, in the future, don't be afraid to speak up here, or contact me privately. I may not always agree to your wishes, but I will always keep an open mind and give careful consideration.

Hard to believe it's coming up on 15 Years since this was kicked-off. It's also amazing that while many have come, and some have gone, and some have sold their cars and moved-on entirely, a great degree of interest is abound foe the early cars, still.

Some owners have passed on, and others just went a different direction. But I run into some of the "original gang" and it's like having lunch with an old friend, picking up where we left off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom