Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaways up for auction - Barrett-Jackson, AZ in Jan

*89x2*

I saw the following have been added to the list of cars for auction in Scottsdale in Jan, many with no reserve :eek
I do find one thing rather interesting though - the ZR1 TT Speedster that is coming up, was at Bloomington and hit a higher price than the one that sold at B-J last Jan - I wonder why he didn't take the money at Bloomington, only to auction it here at B-J :confused

The Black on Black 88 coupe looks awesome - reminds me of the first B2K I ever laid eyes upon back in June of 1988

1988 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CALLAWAY COUPE LOT #420.2 - NO RESERVE
2005 BJCCA CCA

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
OPTIONS
COLOR - BLACK
TRANS - 4 SPEED
CYLINDERS - V8
ENGINE SIZE - 350
HORSEPOWER - 282

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1988 Callaway Corvette. This twin turbo limited production car is an exceptional vehicle and is number 5 of only 400 produced in 1988. GM offered a factory optioned twin turbo Corvette, known as the Callaway Twin Turbo of RPO-B2K, that is the option code. The cost of the B2K options was $25,895 in addition to the base price and all other options. These factory turbo cars are the single rarest group of factory production Corvettes ever. This car has been meticulously maintained, garaged most of its life and privately cared for since its production. It is all original, still smells new, in immaculate condition. This limited production car only has 6,900 original miles on it. Fully documented by the last owner. This car is thought in the future to increase in value like the Shelby did. It is loaded with these options: the scarce 4+3 transmission, two tops, leather seats, cassette player, anti-lock brakes, driver side airbag, passenger side airbag, air conditioning, cruise control, power door locks, power windows and power seats.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*************************************************************[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1988 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO LOT #958.1 - NO RESERVE
2005 BJCCA CCA

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
OPTIONS
COLOR - WHITE
TRANS - 4 SPEED
CYLINDERS - 8
ENGINE SIZE - 5.7

This car comes from the collection of Larry Gerig and has been on display at the Corvette Classics Museum in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This car has the Callaway twin turbo option package, RPO #B2K. This option package had an original cost of $25,895.00. There were only 124 cars built with this option. This car is even more rare in that it is a convertible. The car comes with the original Callaway documentation. Following its production, the car was used by General Motors for approximately one year in its promotional campaign around the United States. The car also appeared in "Playboy" magazine. The car was purchased by the current owner from the original owner.
[/font]

1989 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CALLAWAY CONVERTIBLE LOT #1276.1 - NO RESERVE
2005 BJCCA CCA

No photos
available.

OPTIONS
COLOR - BLUE
TRANS - AUTO
CYLINDERS - 8
ENGINE SIZE - 350

[/font]

1990 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO SUPER SPEEDSTER LOT #1014 - NO RESERVE
2005 BJCCA CCA

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size
OPTIONS
COLOR - RED
TRANS - 6 SPEED
CYLINDERS - V8
ENGINE SIZE - 350 ZR1
HORSEPOWER - 750

One off Callaway "Super Speedster ZR1 Corvette. 32 valve, 4 cam, ZR1 engine with twin turbo's over 750 horsepower, 3 stage Cherry Smash exterior paint with Blue custom leather interior, full competition suspension with coil overs and adjustable shocks, Brembo brake package, 3 piece 02 racing wheels 18". This is one of the rarest Callaways ever to have been built, very unique carbon fiber body, special air inlets and outlets for intercoolers. Looks like no other speedster produced. Car #011.
[/font]

Heheh, not looking for a convertible, and I don't want a 4+3. But those cars look nice. I wonder what they'll go for. It seems like at auctions cars either go for pretty low and you think "dang, wish I was there", or they go for crazy high.

To tell the truth, I've been thinking more about a newer model. I love the black-molding style, but later cars had Lear seats, Gen-II's, ASR, etc. I'm half looking at GS's again. I really like those paint schemes. But of course they don't seem as kick-*** as a twin-turbo factory Corvette. Reliability is something I'm thinking about also. $20k for a new engine is pretty impressive... I guess it depends on what I find and at what price. A GS with F45 and a red interior would sure speak to me, though... ~350hp from an LT-4 that can rev into the 6's is pretty neat. We'll see. :)

Oh, what's up with some of those specs? 400 produced in 1988? 282 hp?

DAMN!!! The TTZR1 w/ no reserve!!

Aurora, the 282 is a typo. As far as the 400 goes, that was the projected build for 88 then the stock market crashed...well that was actually 87 fallout I guess. My car states 48/400 on the console.

Damn ! that white vert looks familiar.

FX GS said:
reubenmc.................?
Aurora40..................?

Where will you two be in January?
Unfortunetly Mark, I'll be right here. If everything goes as planned, it won't be till later next year before I'm ready to buy me one. Maybe there will be what I'm looking for come up for auction at Carlisle. Now that would be an exciting purchase!!

8388 said:
Damn ! that white vert looks familiar.
Did you see it at G.M. or Playboy??? :naughty:

*89x2* said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1988 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO LOT #958.1 - NO RESERVE

Following its production, the car was used by General Motors for approximately one year in its promotional campaign around the United States. The car also appeared in "Playboy" magazine. The car was purchased by the current owner from the original owner.
[/font]

[/font]

*89x2* said:
...makes you wonder how that car got to $265 k ,or so and NOT have sold... (at Bloomington) :confused
I was thinking it was $245k and reserve was at $260k. But still what you said. It's odd that they let it go that high then not sell and then put it up for auction again at no reserve. Maybe they think our buddy who bought the 4 Callaways last year will want this one and just let someone run up the price until Berry gets to the price they want!!

*89x2* said:
Did you see it at G.M. or Playboy??? :naughty:
G.M. and Playboy have great taste:cool

reubenmc said:
I was thinking it was $245k and reserve was at $260k. But still what you said. It's odd that they let it go that high then not sell and then put it up for auction again at no reserve. Maybe they think our buddy who bought the 4 Callaways last year will want this one and just let someone run up the price until Berry gets to the price they want!!
Reuben, I think you got the price right - I was in the ballpark, close enough when the price is that high, right ;)
Funny you mention Berry - someone else just did while discussing the same topic off-forum :D

That Black on Black 88 is ALL YOU Reuben :m :v

*89x2* said:
Reuben, I think you got the price right - I was in the ballpark, close enough when the price is that high, right ;)
Funny you mention Berry - someone else just did while discussing the same topic off-forum :D

That Black on Black 88 is ALL YOU Reuben :m :v
That 88 is a nice looking car, but not quite what I'm looking for. My sites are set on a 90 or 91, 6 speed with an Aerobody on it allready. Haven't decided between a coupe or convertable........

The full size picture links are not working:cry I need the full size of the Super Speedster! That is bad azz. I never get tired of looking at such a wonderful creation:eek

Anyone else think that white one looked kinda beat up? The engine bay is fairly dirty, that heat shielding is falling apart, and the intercoolers aren't too pretty:

2005BJCCA2_958_1_Eng.jpg

The interior seems kinda well-worn as well:

2005BJCCA2_958_1_Int.jpg

On the exterior, those silver center caps on white wheels look pretty bad. I wonder if it came that way or if the original centers were lost/damaged?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom