Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can anyone tell me what this car is?

I don't see any chrome and the rear window looks like my 76. So my guess is a 75 or later with a kit.

Ecklers had a wide body conversion similar to this, available in the mid '70s. Does anybody remember the "Farrah Vette?

GT

tvanlant said:
My friend just bought this car, but I don't know what it is. The guy who sold it to him said it was a 1969. He said it was a Mako II, but it has incredibly wide rear quarter panels and six tail lights. the car starts to get wide at the door.

Also do you know what engine this is? The ID plate says 360 hp, 380 lbft, 350ci, 11:1 compression
It also has a 4 speed with a hurst shifter, which trans is that?
Looks kinda like my 76 with several body modifications. What's the VIN number of the drivers window post?

John how can you tell it's a glue on kit?

Robin

Wide body kit

If the rear fenders are open in the back, it is a greenwood body kit.
If it is closed and solid it is an Eckler body kit.
I have an Eckler bodyed 76 car.It has two lights on each side(It was made for 3 lights.
Eckler made two kits,a wide kit and a real wide kit.My car has the real wide kit.
Be careful when you go through a drive through.

AMT made a 1/25 scale plastic model car kit of the Eckler conversion in the late '70s. Looks pretty similar right down to the bubble taillights. Does the car have an opening hatchback?
eckler2a.jpg

eckler1a.jpg

GT

These photo's were taken at the 1981 or 1982 Black Hills Corvette Classic...

Back in those days we called them "CanAms" ;)

attachment.php

Bud

First time I ever saw mention of the Black Hills Corvette Classic. I won the Show & Shine Award in 1996 with my 76. Haven't been able to get back there since, too much stuff always was broken. It was a really great time there.

Definitely a c-3 with a "Greenwood" body kit - -circa mid 70's.

Regards-

I went out to Greenwoods web site. Looks like they're trying to sell a couple. My god!! Why would someone take something with the beauty of a Corvette and turn it into an long version of a Pacer Wagon! What a waste!

Here are some pics of the actual Mako II prototype car. The front grill, although not shown very well in these pics, is about the same as the car you showed. There are a couple different 6-light configurations for the rear, but shown is the actual Mako II configuration.

MakoSharkII-1.jpg

MakoSharkII-3.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom