Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

can anyone tell who made these digital gauges?

Oh well if they work I got a decent deal on them anyways. Hopefully they will be a red display.

Who made them for ecklers? And were they any good? I want to find out how well they will work before I sell my stock gauges.

I am ordering a set of the digital gauges from Nordskog Performance for my 68 convertible. From my research, they seem to have a really good product. I am comfortable with their product and is is a direct fit for the C3 corvette. The whole kit costs me $500 bucks, including the speedometer, electronic tach and 5 gauges. They mount directly to your existing interior bezels. I'm pretty sure the picture you show is their product shown from the rear of the boards. Again the web page to view this info is

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/products/auto/dashpanels/detail/dp2001-dp2002.htm

When I talked to them on the phone, they said the kit does not come with a clock, but includes 5 gauges, 1 fuel level, 2 temperature gauges and 1 pressure gauge, and a volt meter. I asked if I could swap a temperature gauge for another pressure gauge to use as fuel pressure and they indicated I could not change from temperature to pressure, but I could get any of their temperature units, like engine oil temp, interior temp, etc, just not pressure. Has to do with the way the electronics board is wired that mounts to the back of the center console bezel. My digital CD has a clock, so I won't miss that. Wish I could get a second pressure gauge vice a second temp gauge but, oh well!

Hope this helps, Best of luck.

My car has an oil temp gauge so hopefully this is how this setup is. I am curious though as to how the get a vss signal to run the speedometer and with any luck this will come with the right sensors as well. When I get it I will post some better pictures of it and with it lit up in the car.

My car has an oil temp gauge so hopefully this is how this setup is. I am curious though as to how the get a vss signal to run the speedometer and with any luck this will come with the right sensors as well. When I get it I will post some better pictures of it and with it lit up in the car.

in nordskogs installation pdf document it shows a picture of the setup and alot looks different from the set I purchased. The set I purchased doesn't look like it has a trip odometer or a mileage display. Or the one I purchased is just a much older unit.

If you go to their web site there is a phone number to their tech support. They are in California. Once you get your unit (if you do not already have it) you can call them and I have found them to be extremely helpful. They have a servo that mounts onto the transmission where the speedometer cable normally goes. You connect it to the transmission and it produces a speed signal.

Talked with the tech dept at Nordskog Performance yesterday about switching the gauges and an interesting condition came up. It seems that not only theirs, but almost all manufacturer's of electronic display systems share a common problem in that a battery charger seems to not put out 12-14 volts as one would believe, but puts out a series of pulses, and sometimes these pulses can get as high as 20-30 volts if a surge occurs. It is really dependant upon the quality of the charger and what is going on with the car at the time of the battery charge. But these surges or voltage spikes will FRY the electronics in the circuit boards of the instruments. This is not a problem if the ignition is off, as the gauges are powered down in this condition, but I asked if it would be a problem if the charger was operating and you tried to start the engine while the charger was still on. His answer was Yes, that could cause a pulse large enough to destroy the circuit board. I am looking into some voltage supressors that can prevent this and add them to my system, but beware this is a possibility according to them. Never a problem except with the ignition turned on while using a low end battery charger at the same time.

Well, I received my digital gauges. It seems they were made by a company called 2001 technologies ... but they had everything to make them work and in brand new condition. Even a inline speedo cable vss sensor came. But the downside is this system seems to re-use the factory mechanical odometer and trip odometer .... so I'm curious has anyone used one of these kits and how the odometer and trip odometer fit in the cluster with these digital gauges.

Honestly ready to give up on digital before I even start LOL

I read a article of paper that was included with these gauges that looks like it was copied out of some corvette magazine. The creator of these gauges is a guy named Paul Spivak. He is or was the owner of this company 2001 technologies Corp. which he commercially sold the gauges through. So they are definately not nordskog or Dakota digital.

This article also lists it's original price at 479.00 .....

I start installing in my cluster and it is a very simple changeover so hopefully it still works. I dont like the fact the idiot lights for high beams, turn signals, brake light are concealed behind the black plexiglass so I will try to trim it so when they are on the work and are visible like they were originally.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom