Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can i push start my c6?

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
I have a bad starter and need to get my Vette to the repair shop. Is it possible to push start it? Of course it has a manual tranny.
Thanks all,
Joe

Darn good question, Joe. Might be good to know. Off the top of my head, I'd say "yes", but I don't know for a fact.

I have a bad starter and need to get my Vette to the repair shop. Is it possible to push start it? Of course it has a manual tranny.
Thanks all,
Joe

Yes you can push and start your vehicle as long as you have a good battery. It may start in reverse, but you will need to get going fairly fast and it will jerk pretty hard getting started so be aware. The best way would be to go forward fairly fast and use 2nd gear to start the vehicle. But again you will need a good battery to get it started. Of course none of this will work with an automatic transmission, as I am sure you already know. Good luck with it. :)

Battery is good. I'll let everyone know if this works tomorrow. Thanks.

Battery is good. I'll let everyone know if this works tomorrow. Thanks.

You may already know this, but as a reminder make sure that the ignition is in the "run" position and not just the accessory position, with the fob in the vehicle.. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom