Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can you tell me what this is?

Wilkinshc

Corvette
1965 Coupe
This is in the door jamb on the front pillar, actually I have them on both door jambs and I have never seen them before. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Thanks
Chuck

Ya got me on that

is there one on the door also?

Almost look like those " jamb tacs" that are used for like power windows or electical assories so you dont have to run a wire thru the a race way

My guess would be that the previous owner used this as a type of bumper, so that the top part of the door would not contact the channel before the door was in the closed position.

Unlike a roadster channel which is adjustable, some find strange ways to try and get everything aligned correctly in the coupes.

From the photo, they look like little round peel-off rubber bumpers, that are used on kitchen drawers.

Stepinwolf

I was thinking that it was a bubba spacer for the door. It appears it has been there for a while. The window and locks are manual so its not an electrical connector but it does look like that now you mention it and no there is not one on the door.

It appears to be glued in place and the 3 stops are rubber. I never saw anything like them before but I am not a body guy so I thought I would ask. I figured it was some bubba fix.

Thanks for the replies.

Chuck

I was thinking that it was a bubba spacer for the door. It appears it has been there for a while. The window and locks are manual so its not an electrical connector but it does now that you mention it and no there is not any on the door.

I figured it was some bubba fix.

Thanks for the replies.

Chuck

I agree!!

:upthumbs

Here's my take... It looks like a HOT ROD Thang... I'll splain..

I think they are still made. What this looks like is a switch assembly. One side ..the side that your showing has the rubber or what ever bumpers in the housing... (3). The mate is a 3 contact switch....shaped the same and mouted on the door. When you shut the door, you mash the two together make the switch closure.

Thses were used on Custom cars and I think they are still available. They have many different uses.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom