Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Can't get into my 2008

Dirtfarmer

Corvette
2008 roadster
Well, I have two key fobs, one with a new battery. My 2008 roadster is completely unresponsive. It won't let me in. If I have a dead battery, how in blazes do I get into my car, or under the hood?

Well, I have two key fobs, one with a new battery. My 2008 roadster is completely unresponsive. It won't let me in. If I have a dead battery, how in blazes do I get into my car, or under the hood?

Use the key that is inside the fob to open the trunk, then use the emergency door release cable to open the door. The rest should be easy. BTW the cable is on the left side above the wheel well.

Welcome to CAC, Dirt! :w Big Jim has you covered with the entrance part of your post. It does sound like a dead battery. GM engineered ways around all the electronics. :thumb. Atomic Orange? I, kind of, like that color too. :D I hope that you find your headlight and fender.

The other part to this is how to start the vette (assuming that only the fob battery is dead)...

So once in in the car, and there is car battery power, how to start it with a dead Fob battery?

1. Open the glove compartment
2. Find the rectangular slot on the left side
3. Insert the dead fob into the slot, vette emblem facing towards right side door, top of emblem facing the engine.
4. Start engine as normal.

Baically, the Fob is itself an ignition key, plus the rear hatch and door key as well.

... now that I think of it...

Will someone elses fob for a different vette or even a new replacement fob (not synced) work in the glove compartment fob slot?

im guessing the fob does NOT need to be synced to work, or else a dead battery fob wouldn’t work either. While convenient, this might be an Acheles heel.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom