Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

can't get it up

power window went down too far, stuck,help

Thats not a simple question. could be anyone of a number of things.

First do you have power??? With the interior light on flick the power window switch to the up position...does the dome light dim? If not try the switch in the down position...does the dome light dim...do you here the motor make any sound? If it dims power is going to the motor.

If you have power but none to the motor. Grab the wires where they go through the door jam to the door...hit the power button....does it suddenly work? Broken wire then....

If all fails. You need to determine if its the switch or the power window regulator. To check the window regulator you will need to remove the door panel and the plate at the bottom covering the power window motor. If you have no power wiggle the plug. If you have power look for the regulator spring at the bottom of the door...thats what helps the window go up. If it is broken you will find the spring at the bottom or the door.

If the spring is good. Check the teeth on the regulator that make contact with the motor...are the teeth broken?

check the other components of the regulator for anything broken.

Jim

i do have power,new motor,new regulator,was working great,i think the window went down so far that the teeth on regulator are off the motor gear
i cant get to the bolts on the motor with the window all the way down
any ideas?

i do have power,new motor,new regulator,was working great,i think the window went down so far that the teeth on regulator are off the motor gear
i cant get to the bolts on the motor with the window all the way down
any ideas?

Can you get to where the window glass attaches to the track? Undo it there. Push the window up and out of the way?

Jim

Hi, there is also a relay and a circuit breaker in that system, you may want to check them. Also you must remove the window regulator and motor together, set it to the middle position and put a bolt in there first, then you can remove the motor, if you seperate them without to bolt in there the spring will unwind.
Hope this helps. PG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom