Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cant tell one from the other!!!

S

sandmanusd

Well, I just thought I'd mention this, even though its very obvoius.. but I just got a better sense of it today when I went to the Chevy dealer for an oil change... I looked at a silver 2004... then at my silver 97... then back at the 2004... HMMMM... NO DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Its grea.. I have a $23k car and NOBODY can tell the difference between it and that $45k brand new one... Gotta love that... even the radio is the same.. ne way... just thought i'd share that cuz I love the fact that average joe cant tell the difference and they think im driving around in my brand new vette... (new meaning year wise)

You're right...except for one obvious difference: the wheels. But only those of us in the know would notice:)

Hi To All,
Wait a minute.... Mine says "50th Anniversary" on the front and back. Was it worth the extra kilobucks? Any Corvette is.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Mike Mercury said:
how many car forums are you going to post this to ?
What difference does that make? Is everone that is on here on other forums too? Is it illegal to post on more than one forum?? I didn't know that... I must have missed the "internet rules" sign...

sandmanusd said:
Its grea.. I have a $23k car and NOBODY can tell the difference between it and that $45k brand new one... Gotta love that... even the radio is the same.. ne way... just thought i'd share that cuz I love the fact that average joe cant tell the difference and they think im driving around in my brand new vette... (new meaning year wise)

Agreed Sandman. People think I am driving around in a 50K car. It was half that. Cracks me up. :L

Is it illegal to post on more than one forum??
no.

But everyone visits all the Corvette forums - and will see you multiple posting. Thought to give you a heads-up.

what ever floats your boat.

Same, I belong to too many forums to have the time to read 2 corvette forums.

(I only belong to 7, 5 of which I am quite active in)

Mike Mercury said:
no.

But everyone visits all the Corvette forums - and will see you multiple posting. Thought to give you a heads-up.

what ever floats your boat.
So what? if I double post on the same board, shame on me.. If I post on a different board with different people.. who cares.. its called being social, trying to interact with more than one group of people... if its a good topic that starts interaction between more than one person... its good to me...

I have an '04 Z06...

People think I'm driving around in a car that I paid $50K for... and I am!! :)

But when I bought it, it had 8 miles on it... so, I certainly know the history of it. Also, it's worth a few kilobucks to me for the feeling that this 'vette is truly mine, and didn't belong to anyone else. Plus the new car smell is pretty cool too. :)

-Dave C. '04 Z06

Dave C. '04 Z06 said:
I have an '04 Z06...

People think I'm driving around in a car that I paid $50K for... and I am!! :)

But when I bought it, it had 8 miles on it... so, I certainly know the history of it. Also, it's worth a few kilobucks to me for the feeling that this 'vette is truly mine, and didn't belong to anyone else. Plus the new car smell is pretty cool too. :)

-Dave C. '04 Z06
No doubt. Huge advantage by purchasing the vehicle new. I was leary of purchasing a used performance car, especially one with 26K miles on it. I definately got lucky with it because it has been very reliable without so much as a hiccup.

yeah, buying any used car is a BIG BIG risk, but its worth the money you save if you can find a good one.. just got to spend a while looking first!!

I wish I could buy a brand new one. For now this will do. Lets face it there is a big difference between a new one and a used one if you like your car perfect and 100% original. I just spent $4500 (CAN) making my car perfect again.
1-repaint the front end from the doors forward (removed and reassembled by me)
2-put refinished 2001 wheels on
3-replaced console shifter plate-repaced floor mats
4-refinised the inside of the targa roof and weather stripping and head liner
5-replace front spoiler
6-refinised the stock mufflers(they were peeling)
7-put Z06 style brakes on
8-refinised the rocker panels (had to remove the doors to do this properly)
9-replaced the underhood insulation
10-put on seat bolster covers (look great)!!!
Corvettes Totally Rule!!!!!

As long as you are happy with your 97, that's great. I wasn't happy with my 99, that's why I now own a 2004.

sandmanusd said:
Well, I just thought I'd mention this, even though its very obvoius.. but I just got a better sense of it today when I went to the Chevy dealer for an oil change... I looked at a silver 2004... then at my silver 97... then back at the 2004... HMMMM... NO DIFFERENCE!!!!!

couldn't agree more...i love my 98 (although, i'm a big fan of the newer rims).

by the way, i see no problem with posting the same topic on multiple forums, it's a great way to get out there:_rock .

cheers,

tom

I think this is one of the things that make the Corvette so special. They have tremendous value for people who buy them new and want to baby their car, and they are a terrific steal for people who buy well taken care of used ones. That way people with different budgets can all share in the Corvette experience.

MorgulVette said:
I think this is one of the things that make the Corvette so special. They have tremendous value for people who buy them new and want to baby their car, and they are a terrific steal for people who buy well taken care of used ones. That way people with different budgets can all share in the Corvette experience.
morgulvette,

you're absolutely right. that's exactly how i was able to afford my 86 back when i was 24. it was in my price range, but everyone thought i was driving an un-affordable car. corvettes are timeless, and never get "old".:beer

cheers,

tom

Hey- I thought the same thing when I was looking at my 1997 sitting next to a couple others on the lot... and I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Its the first model year, kinda like a 68, 63, 84... the new style...and the mystique is there about the "1st year"..... if you have a 97 you get it!!!

sandmanusd said:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom