Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Capsule

LEWLINDAC5

Corvette
2001 CPE TORCH RED
I KEEP MY C5 IN ACAR CAPSULE FOR THE WINTER YOU CANT RUN ANY ELECTRICITY INTO THE CAPSULE. DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS AS TO WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE BATTERY LAST YEAR I LEFT IT HOOKED UP AND LOST ALL MEMORY AND ALMOST LOST THE BATTERY. THANKS lew

LEWLINDAC5,
When I used to put my Vette away for the winter (in IL), I used to just pull the battery and keep it in the house. Every week I would go outside with the battery and let the car run for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Jay

Lew,

You'd think the car capsule guys would have thought of that. I guess you have to be resigned to the fact that the memory will be toast and all will have to be reset unless you go with a traditional cover. But those capsules are nice with the sealed environment - now that's preserving a car in grand style.

Good Luck!

danl72 said:
I have yet to see a capsule here in California.

Considering that your biggest environmental problems are Santa Anas and Marine Layer....I don't think you ever will. :L :D

THE CAPSULE IS CLEAR SO YOU CAN STILL SEE THE CAR BUT BETTER THAN KEEPING DUST OFF THE GRANKIDS AND THE CAT CANT GET NEAR IT, LEW

I use the carbag myself. I run the cord in through the zipper where it ends when it is closed. If you have a Lojack in the car, you cannont disconnect the battery or let it lose power for more then seven days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom