Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Covers...?

HammerDown

Corvette
1981 White/ Red int.
Looking for something that will keep water off the car...and not scratch the paint! I'll only need it every now and then.
What are ya using and how much $$$?

You can spend fron $50 to 200. ususally a little over $100 will buy something nice and soft. Car going to be outside or inside?? If inside you can go cheaper just to keep the dust off. If outside you need something that will breath. The Last Detail has them for about $135. Zip has them for $50 up to $160. depending what you want to do.

Thanks for the feedback...again my main use for it would be to keep rain water off the car the rare times I must keep it outside.

I got mine last year thru corvette central...150.00 dollar range +sh I got the noah one as well,Love it,fits well,protects also....good luck

I use two from Wolf -- $149.00 -- their mid-range. Excellent covers. They work; they fit; and they stay on the car when the wind blows. Got them from Eckler's.

:)

I've got an older nylon one, but my car is inside and it just keeps the dust off mainly. Wouldnt be any good for outside. Normal machine washable too...

I got mine last year thru corvette central...150.00 dollar range +sh I got the noah one as well,Love it,fits well,protects also....good luck
Quick question about the above cover and the Wolf cover...will the cover make it to the bottom of the tires, so the wheels stay dry also?

I have the stock 15” aluminum factory wheels. The Wolf Noah cover drawn tight in the center covers all but about 3” from the floor on the both sides of the car, so I would say yes covers the entire wheel. Other then hiring a group of caterpillars to incase the car in a cocoon for the winter I think that’s about as close as you’re going to get.

Heres mine...

Custom made by my wife, not for outside storage , but it is great in the garage.:_rock

Chas

halloffame004.jpg

Looking for something that will keep water off the car...and not scratch the paint! I'll only need it every now and then.
What are ya using and how much $$$?

Noah Wolf. Fits like it was painted on the car. Soft and easy to maintain. I washed my last one and had it dried commercially. Unfortunately, it shrunk. Eckler's replaced it under warranty. I think I paid $150-+.

I have the stock 15” aluminum factory wheels. The Wolf Noah cover drawn tight in the center covers all but about 3” from the floor on the both sides of the car, so I would say yes covers the entire wheel. Other then hiring a group of caterpillars to incase the car in a cocoon for the winter I think that’s about as close as you’re going to get.
That sounds about like what I'm after...I don't want it touching the ground but, I would like the wheels protected...got a part # from them?

Thanks again for all the feedback :cool

Noah is a fabric made by Kimberly-Clark. Any cover that uses Noah fabric will offer the same protection. Get your best deal from the major manufacturers like Wolf, Covercraft, etc.

ANY car cover can scratch the paint if parked outside. Dust WILL get blown in between the cover and the paint. You and the dust will scratch the paint before the material will, by dragging the cover across the paint.

Chas,
Where do I send payment, I'd like one in Mille Miglia Red please....:upthumbs

Thanks dude, but if you find any local seamstress, you will be able to do the same thing i think. My wife is an amazing seamstress and did this in a weekend for the most part. The coolest part is that my Corvette is bright yellow and sticks out like the sun in the dark, this cover however makes it blend in perfectly from the street.
Unless i back in , its basically invisable from the road:upthumbs

Chas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom