Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car is not Level

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
I noticed that my car sits a little under a 1/2 inch higher on the right side than the left. I measured in the garage and in the driveway to confirm. Anything ideas of things I can check myself before taking it in?

That's not unusual Eric!! There's a hight adjustment on it!! I adjust the ride height before I align one up!!:upthumbs

6 Shooter said:
Front wheel on the back and back wheel on the front on 1 side ;shrug
Hey man he ain't in North Carolina or Missouri!! But I guess it's possible!!;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

6 Shooter said:
Front wheel on the back and back wheel on the front on 1 side ;shrug
Nope, I wish it were that easy.

So junk, where is this ride height adjustment. And what is stock supposed to be?

Thanks,
- Eric

gmjunkie said:
Hey man he ain't in North Carolina or Missouri!! But I guess it's possible!!;LOL ;LOL ;LOL
No, but I'm from NC and my wife's family is from MO.:D

Eric said:
Nope, I wish it were that easy.

So junk, where is this ride height adjustment. And what is stock supposed to be?

Thanks,
- Eric
there are bolts on the control arms that contact the springs in the front you have to jack up the car and then put a jack on the spring to relieve the pressure before adjusting it.
do a search for lowering a C5, there is a post with pictures somewhere.
Don't know what stock is mine was on the ground when I got it and I raised it up enough so I can get the arms of my lift under it but it is still a lbit lower then stock.

U.P. John said:
Quit SuperSizing everything, Eric!

Have you put on some extra (oh, 200# or so) weight since CF '05???;LOL
Heheh, I think I may have lost a few.

bossvette said:
there are bolts on the control arms that contact the springs in the front you have to jack up the car and then put a jack on the spring to relieve the pressure before adjusting it.
do a search for lowering a C5, there is a post with pictures somewhere.
Don't know what stock is mine was on the ground when I got it and I raised it up enough so I can get the arms of my lift under it but it is still a lbit lower then stock.
Thanks Craig! Just one more thing to do before CruiseFest:D!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom