Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Lifts?

Corvette
'96 LT4 Coupe, White/Red
Does anyone have any advice on, or experience with car lifts such as Back Yard Buddy or Stinger lifts? I am looking for something like this to put on one side of my garage that has a 9' door. Any experiences or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Bob, Colorado '79 Shark

There is quite a lengthy thread in the C2 section started a couple of weeks ago by "sealawyer" that has a lot of info to check out. I have had a four post Backyard Buddy for five years now and love it. Wonder why I waited so long. It has probably paid for itself twice over now in shop labor that I haven't had to pay.

Dick

Thanks for the pointer to the C2 forum, this is exactly the info I was lookling for. It was posted 7-10-03 if anyone else is interested.

- Bob

I was looking at Stinger Lifts and Backyard Buddy as well.

The problem I see with most of these lifts is they look almost identical and seem comparable to one another. Stinger and BB seem to be beefier in construction, but it's hard to tell.

I'm looking for something for use in a garage with an 9 foot ceiling. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to store cars one on top of the other due to the height of the ceiling, but I'd be happy with something that will get the car up off the ground so I can easily work on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom