Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car loan

minifridge1138

Corvette
1982 Black Fastback
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get a car loan for antique cars?

Thanks!!!

1) Family.
2) Bank. Depending on the value of the car, you simply use it as the collateral.

I got my car with a loan from the bank. :w

Are/can you be a member of a local Credit Union? They offer compentitive rates and are worth checking out.

Gary

Car Loan

If you have really EXCELLENT credit Capital One is probably the easiest to get a loan for a collector car. You can go on line to apply and they get back to you really quick, Sometimes within fifteen minutes. Check it out.:beer

Capital One was my first idea, but they only make loans for cars made within the past 7 years.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

I'm i the same boat as you. Though I have about 70% cash of the idea total Im looking at for a car. Ive asked my credit union and they also said, no car loans for cars older than 7 years. I could get a home equity loan , for 2% more interest, which came out if I remember right, to 5%.
Thats not to bad, and will be probably what I go with.

If you have a 401K at your work you can borrow against it and pay yourself back plus the interest goes to you instead of some bank.

My credit union offers a classic car loan. Easiest loan i ever got. They didn't need an apprasial or anything,just wanted a picture of the car.

Car Loan

Not true about capital one not maling a loan for a car over seven tears old. They financed me on my 1964. I put very little down.:upthumbs

if you are a homeowner, have a credit score of over 700, you could try Hagerty collector car financing(the same company that does the insurance) just go to their website for details

can you in any way shape or form join USAA.
when i asked them about a loan for my 72 BB they told me that for that car they could loan up to 50K for it.

they said they use the NADA for loan pricing

For my next dream car, which is a 59 Cadillac Eldorado Barritz Convertible, I guess I might have to buy a Lotto Ticket...........loans in Canada are amazing, the banks just love giving you money here!

I would have thought the US would be the same or even better! Sorry couldn't help you out!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom