Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Stalling

60vettesdr

Corvette
1960 Tasco Turquois Survivor
My 1960 283/245 2x4 engine has developed an annoying habit of stalling when I start it up after it has been run for a while and then allowed to cool down. Say I take it to work, which is about a 20 minute drive and then I come out 4 or 5 hours later to go to lunch and I start it up I can get to the end of parking lot and as I stop to check traffic on the street it will stall. It then is hard to restart and when I do I need to make sure that I keep my foot on the gas at the next stop so it doesn't stall again. Once I get through that second stop and start it runs and idles fine. The engine was rebuilt last year and the carbs were done and coated this year. It idles at about 800 rpms when it is running right. Any suggestions.

Scott

Sounds like a choke and/or fast idle adjustment issue; the '57-'61 passenger car Shop Manuals have extensive sections on WCFB rebuild and adjustments and service of the choke housing and vacuum piston.
:beer

Thanks for the info. I just got service and assembly manuals today in the mail so I have some research to do.

Or it is not getting fuel? You may want to check your filters. Your car should have a sock type filter on the pickup in the tank. You may want to check that also?

With 2x4s if the primary carb goofs up can you bypass it and run on the front carb? I know most 2x4s only choke the rear carb.

I am building a 60 2x4 car, runs and drives at this point and am new to the 2x4s.

Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom