Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle: C6 dyno'd and my impressions

CORed91 said:
Seriously, very nice write up, Sothpaw. Very informative. I find myself growing impatient to see one in person.
:beer
-Patrick
Thanks, everyone.

BTW, the Z06 owner claimed his car was stock. Everyone there said that was high for the Z06, which I think was an '04. The owner was very, very happy with the result, needless to say.

As for the C6--you can see one in person at your dealer. I went by to get some clutch fluid and my dealer had ONE. Can't sit in it though--outside display only.

Whew - I just got back from driving that C6 - she is right at 2000 miles now, a far cry from the 16 miles it had when it was dynoed ;)

What a great base car to begin with - drive one and your C5 will seem plain - the Nav & XM were neat - so were the 3 blink turn signals (auto cancel)
Fun car indeed :upthumbs
attachment.php

Edmond said:
Hib,

With the inevitable modifications that people will add onto their C6's, what is the maximum torque and horsepower they can get to without breaking stuff?
Manual or auto and...who's "they" GM or the aftermarket?

Oops. I forgot to answer this earlier question

UB2 SLOW said:
So Hib, what do think the increase in HP would be if you throw an 03 LS6 cam in a LS2?
If the engine has stock heads, I'd say about 10-12. If you port the heads a bit, you might see 15 or 20. But remember YOU CANNOT just install the 02-04 LS6 camshaft. You MUST use the shorter and lighter valves, too. If you don't, you'll float the valves before the LS2's limiter and damage the engine. Also, I WOULD NOT recommend that camshaft change with an automatic if warranty coverage and durability are an issue.

Hib Halverson said:
Manual or auto and...who's "they" GM or the aftermarket?
They as in the customer modifying their car. Manual and auto.

Edmond said:
Hib,

With the inevitable modifications that people will add onto their C6's, what is the maximum torque and horsepower they can get to without breaking stuff?
Supposedly, according to a post on another forum, someone has already trashed the rear end on a C6 by putting on ET Streets, and trying a high RPM launch at the strip.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom