Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carpet underlayment preference

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
I'm getting ready to install new carpet in by C3, and I have noticed the many options available. I got my carpet from Willcox and it comes with a layer of insulation bonded to the underside. I'm curious about preferences for heat and sound barriers that are available. I'ver heard some people say you can get a mat material at local auto shops and cut to size for less than the custom sets, but is it as good? a lot of extra work? do you just add the heat/sound barrier or also add more insulation? And mainly == does it bulk up the carpet, look bad or cause any other problems. Thanks for your input, great insight as usual!

Can you tell any difference in the temperature or road noise levels? For insulation did you have to add extra or just use what was attached to the carpet? Results look great, I'll check by Lowes this week! Thanks!!

I used the relefletix under my carpeting and used something like a foil tape to hold it together.....taped it to the floor in a few spots,as well as cut it to fit so there weren't any bulges under the carpets.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom