Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Carter WCFB Tuning Help

That's good news. The car should be a lot more enjoyable now.

The higher the number the hotter the plug. The AC44 is a little cold for all around driving. The 45 is much better, especially the 45S. The S designates an extended electrode. This type of plug will stay cleaner since it isn't shrouded by the plug shell.

There are 2 straps or u bolts (not sure which on a C2) that hold the rear u-joint into the differential yoke. Remove them and wrap some tape around the u-joint so that the bearing caps don't fall off and scatter needle bearings everywhere. Then slip the driveshaft forward (a large screwdriver or a pry bar might be necessary to unseat the u-joint from the yoke) enough to clear the rear yoke and drop the rear of the driveshaft down. Now slip it rearward slipping the front yoke out of the trans tailhousing. The seal is a press fit into the rear of the tailhousing but the tailhousing has to be removed to replace the bushing since the output shaft will be in the way otherwise.

Tom

Thanks for setting me right on the spark plugs Tom! Sounds like I have the right plugs in there. Maybe its just the gas that gives it that little puff of smoke - nasty unleaded gas plus 10% Ethanol.

And thanks for talking through the work that would need to be done on the transmission and driveshaft. Sounds like a job that I might want to take to a local expert. I've thought about bringing the car over to the Chevy dealership, but I'd want some guy who has been around these cars and been working for Chevy for a while - not some ASE that just got off the books last week. Although I'm not any better than that, eh? LOL! Any way, I'm tending to lean more toward getting someone to do the tranny work for me...just going to have to think about it and make a decision now that I know what is involved.

Thanks again Tom! I really appreciate it!
PD2:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom