Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CD ejects every time I power on the radio

MARKSC4

Corvette
1996 Polo Green Coupe
1996 with original Bose Gold system. Unit has not seen much use, the car is garaged 99% of the time. If I have a cd in the unit and I turn on the radio the cd ejects. If the radio is on when I start the car, the cd ejects. Anybody else experience this? Thanks

Dump the Bose

There are a couple of places on the internet that can repair the Bose but is is Junk to start with.

Putting a decent music system in a C4 is a good afternoons work with plenty of time for a glass or two of wine.
5541fosgate.jpg

:upthumbs

At first I thought it might be the type of music you we're playing. :D

But then I remember my wife had a simular problem .We took it out and sent it for repair ,6wks later the same problem.we never messed with it again and sold the car.I guess what i'm saying is the problem must be common.

At first I thought it might be the type of music you we're playing. :D

But then I remember my wife had a simular problem .We took it out and sent it for repair ,6wks later the same problem.we never messed with it again and sold the car.I guess what i'm saying is the problem must be common.

Curious....where did you have the radio repaired. Thanks.

I had the same thing happen with my ’96’s Bose CD player. I would get a “error” message on the radios LCD screen, same screen that displays time/radio station. Turned out it was because I was trying to play a CD when the Bose unit was too cold. After the interior of the car had warmed up, it would play fine. This occurred when the outside temperature was around 15° or lower. But, low temperatures aren’t what’s causing your CD’s to eject! Not sure what the exact cause is, but if it comes to having your unit serviced, I’ve read many positive comments about Dr. Don’s over the years.

Here’s a link:
http://www.doctordons.com

B17Crew
:w

CD Player Problem

1996 with original Bose Gold system. Unit has not seen much use, the car is garaged 99% of the time. If I have a cd in the unit and I turn on the radio the cd ejects. If the radio is on when I start the car, the cd ejects. Anybody else experience this? Thanks

My Bose radio does the samething, I was told by Jimmy at Roberts Auto Stereo, in Louisville KY www.robertsaudio.com, that the laser lens is not reading the CD and the lens needed to be replaced. The cost is about $200 to fix. Personally, I just use an Ipod and one of those cassette to CD adapters ($10 walmart). I may get the CD player fixed later on.

I had the same thing happen with my ’96’s Bose CD player. I would get a “error” message on the radios LCD screen, same screen that displays time/radio station. Turned out it was because I was trying to play a CD when the Bose unit was too cold. After the interior of the car had warmed up, it would play fine. This occurred when the outside temperature was around 15° or lower. But, low temperatures aren’t what’s causing your CD’s to eject! Not sure what the exact cause is, but if it comes to having your unit serviced, I’ve read many positive comments about Dr. Don’s over the years.

Here’s a link:
http://www.doctordons.com

B17Crew
:w

I recently had my Bose Gold CD/Tape deck serviced by doctor dons. I am pleased. The CD player does not skip and it is very clear as well as the tape deck. I have always been pleased with my bose system. I recommend doctor dons for anyone if you are intending on keeping the original radio system.

9340Ruby

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom