Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chambered exhaust

D

dmrodco

Well I finally got around to installing my chambered exhaust last night ........ All I can say is HOLY $h, IT! man its sounds so cool ! :J :J :J

:D What'd I tell ya'!? Prepare for your gas mileage to suffer! :L
Heidi

Got it on my '70 and absolutely love it:upthumbs

Heidi, you were right ...... I love it !!!! Thanks for the advance look !

Oh carl you just need to live closer so you can be at my house every nite . I can't help it if your never around when I get the urge to work on the vette:beer

chambered exaust

I've had chambered exaust on my 72 for 4 years.
My fuel milage has suffered horrably!
I love the sound so much that I can't get my foot off of the throttle.

I just put walker cambered exhaust and hooker comp headers on this summer. Im very glad i didn't go with a set flowmasters like i was planning.

I just ordered the chambered exhaust set from Mid-America. I hopeing to install over the Holidays, but now my significant other informs me taht it looks like we will be moving to a new house just after the holidays. So, the exhasut will have to wait until the Vette is safely housed in its new garage.

;shrug

While I ordered the set that bolts up to the stock exhast manifolds, I planned to replace the manifolds with a set of shorty headers that match the stock manifolds connection point. Other than Sanderson exhaust in SF, CA; anyone know of another source??

To Vette's; to BB; and now to chambered exhasuts!!!
:m

When i put mine on, i put headers on also, all you need to hook the headers up to the kit is a few differnet s-bend pipes
and a collector you can get for under 20$ at your autozone.

lobes290, Can you get headers and the chambered exhaust kit as a complete bolt on or does some part of it have to be welded?

I'm kooking at chambered exhaust as my winter project for my 79. I currently run the stock cat system with "monza" mufflers from Mid-America. Should I expect as good or better performance?

Brooksman, you cant get them as a kit but you dont need to weld anything, I bought the Chambered exhaust from mid america, They sell a kit that goes from the rear to the headers or a kit that goes from the rear to the stock manifolds. And the hooker headers from summit.

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.36.1293

Does anyone have experience with chambered exhaust on a c-4 (93)? I love that muscle car sound, but I was wondering how the hook up would go, would it replace the resonator in the middle of the tail pipes, or go more towards the back where the mufflers would be? Also, any info on if they would pass md emissions?

lobes290 said:
Brooksman, you cant get them as a kit but you dont need to weld anything, I bought the Chambered exhaust from mid america, They sell a kit that goes from the rear to the headers or a kit that goes from the rear to the stock manifolds. And the hooker headers from summit.

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.36.1293

Thanks, lobes290 :w

How bout some pics..left a topic in the L81 registry bout installing true duels or chambered...can i see some pics of you set up. I have been told that I will have to replace the 81 tranny if I dont want to use the duels that bend out to the right of the TH 350 auto trans. Think bout incorporating a pre 80 x member with the exhaust loops to accomplish this or getting a custom made x member from bowtie overdrive!

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks again! Joe

I was still curious on if anyone had any info for chambered exhaust on a 93 i.e. location of chambers what length to buy and recomendation of brand that would fit my application. Thanks!

vete guy,
I could send you some pics of mine, but its a 79 manual, completly different from your setup, but let me know and ill go out and take some pics for you. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom