Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Change Thermostat or Not?

TooFast

Corvette
2004 6 Speed Roadster and 2011 Inferno Orange Z06
OK, I checked but I couldn't find anything anywhere, so convict me now if I missed it.

I have a 2004 with 15K on it and I am getting ready to change the coolant. Do I change out the thermostat at this time or leave it. I assume when I drain and flush the coolant I will remove the thermo cover. Also, am I correct in understanding that there is no seperate thermo cover rubber "O" ring, the only rubber ring (gasket) is on the thermostat itself? :confused Thanks folks.

Darn good questions, Toofast. I am hoping that someone "in the know" will see this and post up an answer. I'm not all that familiar with the LSx engines. I guess I'll try a little research on my own to see if I can come up with any answers in the mean time.

A thermostat change is not necessary unless you've diagnosed a problem with it.

Also, am I correct in understanding that there is no seperate thermo cover rubber "O" ring, the only rubber ring (gasket) is on the thermostat itself? :confused Thanks folks.

You are correct, the only rubber ring is the one on the thermostat itself.

The thermostats are incredibly easy to change on these cars. I changed mine to a 160* a few weeks ago. The fans were also programmed to come on sooner. I usually cruise at a temperature of about 178-180.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom