Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

changed my ride

speed367

Corvette
1993 ruby red 40th anniversary. vette
I replaced my 93 vette for a 04 vette i cant believe how much nicer the c5 is. I have a question tho how do i jack it up i want to put new brakes on it but worried i might hurt it picking it up. Just to give some info on car its a 2004 with 71000 miles interior is real nice and paint looks good has just a couple of sun fades in paint but a nice ride merry christmas to me

Speed367
To lift it up, buy jacking pucks.
Do a search for jacking pucks for a C5.

I keep a set in the car. For oil changes I use race ramps. An old fashioned pit would the nice. ;)

[h=2]Front Crossmember[/h]
  • When jacking the front of your Corvette, the preferred jacking points are on a crossmember between and just to the rear of the front wheels. The crossmember is wide and has a crosshatch of ribs on the underside. Where the ribs meet, there is a circle -- one on each side of the crossmember. Those circles are your jacking points. Use a block on the lifting pad of your floor jack or the cradle of your jack stands large enough to span at least two ribs. As an option, you can use the smaller suspension crossmember between and just forward of the front wheels. Position the floor jack under either side of the crossmember, using a block on the lift pad that spans the width of the crossmember. Don't use a center lift point on either crossmember or contact the front suspension monoleaf springs.

[h=2]Frame Jacking Points[/h]
  • There are four jacking points on the frame rails -- a front and rear point on each side. Find the points by looking for circular cutouts in the rocker panels. Use a block on the lifting pad of your floor jack no larger than 2.5 inches in diameter when using a jacking point on the frame and carefully position it so it doesn't contact the rocker panels. Don't use jack stands to support the weight of your Corvette on the frame rails. The frame rails are jacking points only.

[h=2]Rear Crossmember[/h]
  • For the rear, use the rear suspension crossmembers as the jacking points where they join the frame between and just to the rear of the rear wheels. Use a block on the lift pad that spans the width of the crossmember. As with the front, don't use a center lift point on the rear frame crossmember or contact the rear suspension monoleaf springs.

[h=2]Things to Watch For[/h]
  • The block on the lift pad or the jack stand cradles should contact just the frame or crossmember at the jacking points. Depending on which jack and support points you use, you could possibly damage body panels, brake lines, fuel lines, the oil pan, the floor pan or the catalytic converter. Position the jack carefully and watch as the car raises to make sure the lift pad block doesn't contact other components.

I bet a C6 or C7 would be even nicer! :)

Yes, I'm sure that it would be, but also more expensive. :D People are smart to stay within a budget that they can afford. :thumb

Pictures are appreciated, speed367.:dancenaughty

I replaced my 93 vette for a 04 vette i cant believe how much nicer the c5 is. I have a question tho how do i jack it up i want to put new brakes on it but worried i might hurt it picking it up. Just to give some info on car its a 2004 with 71000 miles interior is real nice and paint looks good has just a couple of sun fades in paint but a nice ride merry christmas to me

Depends on which C5. The '04 is definitely better than a '97.

I had a '92 C4 for years and my wife had a '93 when I met her. She opted for a new but base model '98 but was never as happy with it as she was with the '93. So, we traded "back" to a '96 LT4, Z51 Collector's Edition and she was very happy again. But, we know the '96 was an interim Vette because we planned to get the new 50th AE when it came out - keeping the old '92.

After getting the '03 AE with MagnaRide, we started calling the ol' '92 "The Beast." Big difference.

Thanks for the info. I do have a budget and the c5 was in it maybe someday a c6 will be in the cards who knows. I will get some pics up this weekend thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom