Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Changing headlight bulbs

T

tpreston

I want to change my headlight bulbs to the Sylvania Bright stars. I have them on my other 2 cars and like them very much. My question what is the proper way to get to the bulbs to change them. I went to 2 auto parts stores to pick up a Corvette manual but none was available. Any suggestions will be a great help. I am pleased to be a Corvette owner instead of the Crossfire I traded in. What a "HUGE" difference.

Thanks!!!

Its fairly easy. Raise the headlamps, open the hood, remove the headlamp assembly bezel cover and you'll see the lamps. Kind of tight getting in there but manageable. Just make sure when you put the silverstars in you don't touch the bulb, and also make sure that they are in the sockets correctly. Look at the way the current bulbs are in the assembly, If I recall they are connector side down. If you don't get them in properly, it will effect the headlight alignment.

MAC

Headlight Change

Thanks for the advice. I got them changed this evening with no problem thanks to your help. This forum just makes having a Corvette that much better! ! ! !

to tpreston: I would like to change the lamps as well. When I took off the black outer part on the headlamp (sorry do not know what to call it ) I could only see the front of the lens held on by four little clips. Do I take the red covers off as well and are there any "suprises" doing this and replacing them. Do I need to take out the glass lens or do I work from the very unaccessible back side? Thanks for the help

Irish Whiskey:
I took the colored covers off of the lights. I guess you wouldn't have to but I did. I marked the location of the scrrews. You work from the back side and just take out 1 at a time. Pay attention as to how the base of the bulb is positioned. This is the only part you need to watch. No surprises were found. Not a bad job at all.

MAC27526 is right about not touching the bulb. When you touch it the oils from your skin will burn from the heat of the lamp.
If you do touch it or just want to be safe. Wipe the bulb with alcohol to clean it.

DHoskins,
Are you sure you vette is a '97 or a vert? I thought there were no convertables on the 97 model?

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom