Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Charging system fault

Dave

Corvette
2001 Pewter coupe
Hello out there in C5 land,
This morning when starting my '01 coupe, I got a "charging system fault" message on my DIC. I was running late for work and didn't have time to review the codes. I did notice however that the volt reading after the car started was in the 14.4-14.6 range. Is this within normal limits? It seems kind of high. Also, does anyone know what the volts should read with the key on before and just after start? I'm trying to determine weather it is my battery (it's the original Delco AGM) or if it is something else. I'm tempted just to buy a new battery (I'm leaning towards the new Die Hard Platinum AGM) since the battery is the original.

Thanks for any advice,
Dave

I have had that warning upon occasion. I do not worry about it, as it will make itself apparent if it is a real problem. It might happen to me in 1 start out of 100.

I've had that problem a few times, each time I tighten the nuts on the battery and it quits for months. Then they loosen up again and I get the message again. Might check all your grounds too...
Save the wave...
Doc

I have had that warning upon occasion. I do not worry about it, as it will make itself apparent if it is a real problem. It might happen to me in 1 start out of 100.

I agree, I've had this happen to me occasionally too. It comes on for a second and disappears, no I'll affects so don't worry.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom