Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Chasing 200 mph in a Corvette ZR1 - Epic Drives Episode 3

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
1_1821.jpg

Motor Trend Editor At Large Angus MacKenzie and Justin Bell take a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 from Munich, Germany to Maranello, Italy. Along the way they push the limits on the Autobahn, gaze upon the Alps from the Stelvio Pass and dance with a Ferrari 458 Italia in the hills of Maranello.
Watch here: http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e258e4bdc9fd70df9a85
Added by: PBriand
Tags: zr1 justin bell munich germany maranello italy autobahn ferrari 458 italia
Date: 2012-03-30

More...

Omg

gotta go for a drive.. C ya! :w

That was fun to watch.....I can't imagine what it would be like to drive. :thumb

That's a great video. I would love to ride along.

Tom

Ride along may ass, the last time I did that was in an F-16B. Anything over 100 I'm driving. C6 at 6,000 RPM + in 4th gear is like 133 MPH last week. Want to ride along next time? We'll even try 5th gear if you want.

Suddenly I want to go for a drive in Europe for some reason...

-Mac

Wow, can't get much better than that. :w

Wow, I would love to try that. The fastest I have been is about 140 but only for a very short time. The vette sounded like a jet going by. These guys were talking a driving just like they were out for Sunday drive I need to win the lottery to get one.

Ride along may ass, the last time I did that was in an F-16B. Anything over 100 I'm driving. C6 at 6,000 RPM + in 4th gear is like 133 MPH last week. Want to ride along next time? We'll even try 5th gear if you want.

How about 6000 in 6th? I saw 4200 in 6th on I65 down by the NCM several years ago with Ken in his monster C4. I miss that guy.

At that speed, you are trusting a lot of people NOT to pull out of the non-passing lane in front of you. The Germans are really good at that, but it's happened to me...and I was doing a leisurely 120. It took three days to unpucker. I guess a Skoda isn't as visible as a supercar, even with the lights on, but still.

At that speed, you are trusting a lot of people NOT to pull out of the non-passing lane in front of you. The Germans are really good at that, but it's happened to me...and I was doing a leisurely 120. It took three days to unpucker. I guess a Skoda isn't as visible as a supercar, even with the lights on, but still.

Actually you can't trust a lot of people, or any people where I do that run. You do need to know your machine though. The road I feel safe doing that run on is straight, you can see where it starts and where it ends, no hills, no trees, no houses, no fences, it runs north and south so there's no sun to deal with, just a slight dip 2/3 of the way through from the north. If you are at the max when you hit that dip it will bottom out and that is a bit unnn-nnnnerving. Easy answer to that problem is to start the run from the south.

That fun is over now as the corn is 8" high on both sides and the deer are to active for my tastes. Still have visions of digging a deer out of the front seat of a '76 Grand Prix and a cow out of the back seat of a '69 Camaro when I worked in a body shop.
:thumb

I had to do an estimate on a Dodge Sears service van once that hit a cow. She spun around and folded the side doors inward and ended up inside the van.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom