Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cheapest I can get a 00 Vette?

B

Bender

Hey I have an 81 vette that I have had for two years and it has only ran a few months. I think I am going to garage it because a few days back something messed up and it got stuck at full throttle in a parking lot making me lose control and I almost hit a curb and now I cant drive it once again. Not only that I was told by the best place in town that I have a leak in the body work that would cost about 2500.00 to fix and I just had everything put back together. I am tired of this endless money pit and want a car that starts everytime.
Is it possible for me to get a 2000 vette for about 17k? And if so is miles on the car going to be an issue? I really cant take another car thats going to break and cost thousands just to repair one or two parts on the car. I am going to do it right and not just buy the first vette near my house.
I am looking for any vette with heads up display, thats yellow or blue. Automatic or manual for about 17k-19k.

Remember......The cheapest is always the most expensive.
Do your homework/research and spend the $ wisely.
For what your asking for (Z06,FRC,Conv.???), my guess would be:

99 = 20K-25K
00 = 25K-30K
01 = 28K-33K
.........and so on.

Bender said:
Hey I have an 81 vette that I have had for two years and it has only ran a few months. I think I am going to garage it because a few days back something messed up and it got stuck at full throttle in a parking lot making me lose control and I almost hit a curb and now I cant drive it once again. Not only that I was told by the best place in town that I have a leak in the body work that would cost about 2500.00 to fix and I just had everything put back together. I am tired of this endless money pit and want a car that starts everytime.
Is it possible for me to get a 2000 vette for about 17k? And if so is miles on the car going to be an issue? I really cant take another car thats going to break and cost thousands just to repair one or two parts on the car. I am going to do it right and not just buy the first vette near my house.
I am looking for any vette with heads up display, thats yellow or blue. Automatic or manual for about 17k-19k.
Cheeper is not Better!! Yes it is Poss. but I would be Skeerd that it has been Crashed or Raged to Hell and Back!!:W :W gmjunkie!!

Paid 23k for mine, but I bought it first of December.
Depends on how motivated the seller is and what time of year it is.

Its Possible!

good luck
Rain

What you need to do is to consult the blue book and other similiar price guides, some of the internet sites have a prompt that will direct you from the car you are looking at into the guides and I found that helpful.

My 2000 coupe, pretty loaded, went for $23K in a private sale, 33Kmi with a year left on the GM warranty.

My friends 99 that we got for him as a suprise returning from Iraq, went for $25K. It had 11Kmi, with Borla exhaust, polished wheels and custom seating but no heads up.

What you need to concentrate on is what the dealer is offering the individual on a trade (also comes up in most price guides), and be willing to negotiate from that number to a middle ground.

In my case, I down loaded the "competition" that the seller was faced with in the area and carried that with me.

My guess is that you may be able to meet those numbers (or close), by looking at a 99 with some mid (45 to 55K) miles with some cosmetic flaws like a few scratches or other "blems" that turn off the dealers.

Personally, I find the HUD, another "**** on a boar hog" that I could do without. I'd search for a sound car without the "goodies" like the polished rims or the electric seat (passenger) upgrades .... premium sound, etc.

ive got a 97 but with the chrome wheels it might as well be a 2000+ it looks exactly the same and it has all the same options. Given mine is lower mileage and over your price. but im sure you can get one with higher mileage for cheaper

DSC00092.JPG
Picture071.jpg

Am I going to have a problem if I get a vette with about 80k miles on it or should I stay under 50?

Bender said:
Am I going to have a problem if I get a vette with about 80k miles on it or should I stay under 50?
Mile's Don't hurt'm!, Sitt'n Do!!:upthumbs gmjunkie!!

Yeah thats what I found out with my 81. It has 73k on it and 20 years old but has so many problems. The big killer is the rust leaks around the wind shield that they say is going to cost like 2500.00 to fix and still may not solve all of my problems. ARg every time I go out there I want to keep it, it looks great, runs like crap.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom