Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check engine codes??

indycallaway

Corvette
87 TT Black/Tan (#23)
I am throwing lean exhaust O2 sensor code on the car. I put the scanner on it on Saturday and pulled the codes out. Cleared them and today took it for about a 30 min spin all through the rpm range and no check engine light.... any ideas? Should I not worry about it until it throws the code again, or go ahead and replace the O2 sensor? Also gave the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) code but I knew about that because the speedo quit working last week... any ideas on that? Thanks in advance!!!:beer

The O2 does it's thing at idle and putting around. Once you put the hammer down, it does very little. They are not that expensive to replace, so I would recommend doing that, especially with what's at the pump today. Driving around in a lean or rich condition, is not all that great for your engine. Your VSS sensor basically bolts to the cone on the tranny, and is very easy to replace, unless, the problem is with the plastic gear inside. There are two, one directly behind the VSS sensor, all you have to do there is pull it out, and the one on the shaft. The one on the shaft, requires removal of the drive shaft, torque tunnel, and cone, in order to be replaced.

Thanks! I will go ahead and change to O2 sensor this weekend, and check the VSS to see if I can narrow it down to the failed part..... Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom