Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Check Engine light

Daville

Corvette
'03 50th Anniversary Coupe
I just bought a nice 50th Anniversary Coupe with 92K miles. Drove it 250 miles home with no problem. Now all of a sudden the Check Engine light is on. The car didn't come with the owners manual so.........I checked the engine, it's still there. Removed the battery cable for a few minutes, still on.
What now? Dave

Thanks Dennis!

You just opened up the C5 Universe to me!
Dave Hill, Pueblo CO

What codes show on the DIC?

Accessing Trouble Codes:

1. The ignition switch must be in the "Run" position. The engine does not need to be running.

2. Push "Reset" to clear display message on the instrument panel (ie. door ajar etc...) The display does not need to be blank to access codes in the next step.

3. Push and continue to hold the "Options" button.

4. Push "Fuel" rapidly 4 times. This will put the system into diagnostics mode.

5. Release all buttons and push "Options" again to put the system into manual diagnostics mode.

6. The first system to appear in the display will be "PCM". This is usually where the trouble is. The display will also indicate the quantity of codes existing for that particular system; for example "4 Codes". To read the code, push the "options" button again and the code will be displayed.

7. To clear the codes, push and hold "Reset" within the code group. In a few seconds, the codes will clear, and the display will read "No Codes", unless a code still exists.

8. To check the next system, push "Options". You can either clear codes or go to the next system by repeating steps 7-8.

9. Once the end of the list has been reached, either turn the ignition off, or push the "E/M" button to terminate diagnostics.

Hope this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom