Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check out this intake!!!!!! It does have a turbo feeding it to a SBC...

*89x2*

:eek
Does it fit under a Corvette hood :confused

Holley Stealth Ram ported intake with twin 58mm billet throttle body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turb...oryZ6427QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
13f4_12.JPG

1476_12.JPG

1430_12.JPG

With my very limited turbo knowledge... I don't know why somebody would like to have such a Darth fader turbo? Maybe it makes great power when it spools up but it takes forever to spool up or am I wrong?

Over here in Holland I've seen 1 C4 with such a turbo, but that one didn't fit under but though the hood. Or they didn't make any effort to place it under it? Not my cup of tea that is for sure!

Groeten Peter

:) Looks like it fits under the hood just fine. Killer looking turbo Trans Am.

11bf_3.JPG

Right, but would it fit under a Corvette hood? ;shrug

If it's the Stealth Ram, which it looks to be, it won't without machining down the intake for clearance.

stealthram3.jpg

There is a guy who modifies the Stealth-ram plenum to fit under a C4 hood. Goes by Grumpyvette on the boards.

So in a nutshell yes it can work.

If it's the Stealth Ram, which it looks to be, it won't without machining down the intake for clearance.

stealthram3.jpg

There is a guy who modifies the Stealth-ram plenum to fit under a C4 hood. Goes by Grumpyvette on the boards.

So in a nutshell yes it can work.

It looks to be a similar concept to the 100+ intake, right?? Box plenum with the appearance of being set upon a dual four manifold ;shrug

If it gets trimmed down, which part and how much do you suppose?

8388, maybe this can be your next garage project :D

It looks to be a similar concept to the 100+ intake, right?? Box plenum with the appearance of being set upon a dual four manifold ;shrug

If it gets trimmed down, which part and how much do you suppose?

8388, maybe this can be your next garage project :D

I have sooo many projects going right now:eek:hnoes

I'll tell you what, if someone wants buy my modified siamese runner set up, I'll experiment with the Stealth Ram, and get all the bugs figured out :D

Josh, is that the same intake??

If so, what was cut down>> ?? :confused

Here are some flow #s I found to compare:

Runners (measured individually)
Stock....203.17 cfm
ACCEL....242.02 cfm
Extrude/ACCEL...275.83 cfm
Super Ram....289.18 cfm
Intake manifold with 3/8 inch radiused inlet .....222.45 cfm
Holley stealth ram .......275.00 cfm

I think you have to remove about 0.500" off the top.

Josh, is that the same intake??

If so, what was cut down>> ?? :confused

Here are some flow #s I found to compare:

yea thats the same one. I find those Superram numbers a bit high but I believe the one that was flowed for that test was extrude honed and ported. The stealth ram would certainly flow better at 6k rpm, especially if you ported the base and extrude honed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see 300+cfm. IMO the 100+ would still flow considerably more due to the design of the lower intake and the fact that it was made for a much higher hp application.

Here is an interesting "blast from the past" thread about the stealth ram :D

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30634&highlight=stealth+ram

Good Stuff!!!!!

Here is my IM conversation with the fabricator from CF.....

grumpyvette (1:41 PM 6/15/2003): the plenum itself is 6" wide the fuel rails are lower than the plenum but add about 1.14 to the lower width the trans bracket is extending out 2.5"
grumpyvette (1:42 PM 6/15/2003): thats 1.14 per fuel rail, btw its overall narrower that a TPI, if a TPI fits it will
grumpyvette (1:43 PM 6/15/2003): call me. 1-561-792-5308
grumpyvette (1:49 PM 6/15/2003): BTW I was the guy that first went to FRANK and proposed that first design plenum hes selling, ITS NOT correct! HE took my first design, and with no testing, and never haveing run it on a engine made a few changes to cheapen production costs, and stole the IDEA! LUCKLY I tested and found that design sucks (Im letting him find out why) I had to make 9 proto types before getting the design correct, (Ive TESTED the final design for over 4 months on several corvettes be for selling the first one! it WORKS!
SurfnSun (2:01 PM 6/15/2003): im thinking of this for a Callaway TT
grumpyvette (2:06 PM 6/15/2003): if a TPI fits IT will fit, and breath a WHOLE LOT BETTER!call me.1-561-792-5308
Ill sell a complete stealthram intake base,custom plenum,fuel rails and standard pressure regulator, and instructions for $775
or just the custom plenum for $275
grumpyvette (2:07 PM 6/15/2003): thats a whole lot less than a MINI ram and fuel rails for $1100 plus
grumpyvette (2:08 PM 6/15/2003): or a super ram thats a whole lot wider, does not flow nearly as much, and cost almost $1100
SurfnSun (2:14 PM 6/15/2003): with my car its just a matter of find something that will sit with very very close dimensions as the stock TPI. Mini ram won't work nor will Superram. The only option til now has been LTRs and Big Mouth base.
grumpyvette (2:25 PM 6/15/2003): the custom stealth ram plenum sits with the top of the throttle body at a slight downward angle like the stock TPI, and about 8.7/8" high from the block rail, the stock TPI is 9.5" high at the rear the custom stealth ram plenum is about 9" at the rear THE WHOLE PLENUM can be dropped 3/8" to about 8.625 by simply milling the upper surface of the stealth rams base 3/8" makeing it lower than the stock TPI which measure about 8.8" tall and the stealth rams narrower

In my build I`m going to use the stealth ram with afr 210cc eliminator heads.
I will post pictures when I got something to show. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom