Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check what code?

blockhead

Could someone explain to me what is meant by checking the codes on a corvette? Im new to the corvette world and would like to understand. How many others out there dont understand this. Is it something that comes up on the dash or do you need to plug something in to read these codes? How do you know what these codes mean. I feel a little embarased asking but you never learn if you dont ask questions!

No embarrassment here. These codes are stored in the computer and can reveal things about how the car is performing. In order to explain more what year car are we talking about, there is a difference as technology changed through the model years. You can also check out the search function, most times it can uncover great info.

No embarrassment here. These codes are stored in the computer and can reveal things about how the car is performing. In order to explain more what year car are we talking about, there is a difference as technology changed through the model years. You can also check out the search function, most times it can uncover great info.
I have a 1993 LT-1 What is the search function? Can someone explain it in terms I can understand?

Search is in the menu bar. Locate User CP in the area of the upper left corner. Look left across the options until you see search

Thanks guys

Thanks for all the info guys! Dont know that I quite understand it all yet but it will give something to do until spring returns.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom