Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chicago Corvette Supply?

I called again yesterday and was told that the 62 manifold (which was going to ship last Monday after being detailed) isn't even in house yet. I called Discover as soon as I hung up and put the charge in dispute.

It's really a shame when a company with so many hard to find parts can't get the basics of customer service right. I'm hoping that they'll still come through with the manifold as the carb I bought isn't worth squat to me without it....but I'm not very hopeful at this point.

I'll bet he takes your money and buys the parts elsewhere, that is one Vendor I have never heard anything good about. Somewhere there is a post about Corvette junk yards maybe what is needed is a listing of them as a reference source that can be found easily like we do for Repair and restoration shops in the Portal just under the CAC banner.

my local Corvette junkyard has been bought out and moved south:cry :cry

What's a 63 300HP cast iron intake manifold worth? I may just keep the one they sent me and pay them for the 62 if it ever arrives. I'd rather have this on hand to help out a fellow owner rather than send it back and have someone else go through this trying to buy that manifold for their 63...

What's a 63 300HP cast iron intake manifold worth? I may just keep the one they sent me and pay them for the 62 if it ever arrives. I'd rather have this on hand to help out a fellow owner rather than send it back and have someone else go through this trying to buy that manifold for their 63...

I do a lot of swap meets, not to mention being a vendor for the past 25 years at the Corvette show in Carlisle, and sadly, most of those early cast iron manifolds can be purchased for pocket change.

Good luck

Stepinwolf

I do a lot of swap meets, not to mention being a vendor for the past 25 years at the Corvette show in Carlisle, and sadly, most of those early cast iron manifolds can be purchased for pocket change.

Good luck

Stepinwolf
Hrm...guess I'll send this back, then. I'd been able to find the 250 manifolds pretty easily, but the 300s seem to be few and far between (haven't been to a swap meet, though, so it could just be the ebay and casual market that's thin on them).

My D62 manifold arrived today. Still no call tag for the D33, but I've finally got everything I paid for. Only thing I can find wrong with the D62 is that the left rear hole for the carb mount (where the hollow stud goes) appears to be stripped. Nothing a timesert can't fix.

Couple questions - the 63 manifold has 2-2-61 cast below the casting number and the 62 manifold does not have this. What is that number and does its absence signify anything about the earlier manifold? I've seen a couple on ebay that also had the 2-2-61 cast in them. There's also a sheet metal panel riveted on the bottom of the manifold below the carb mount. On the 62 manifold, it's got a dent in it - any cause for concern?

Couple questions - the 63 manifold has 2-2-61 cast below the casting number and the 62 manifold does not have this. What is that number and does its absence signify anything about the earlier manifold? I've seen a couple on ebay that also had the 2-2-61 cast in them. There's also a sheet metal panel riveted on the bottom of the manifold below the carb mount. On the 62 manifold, it's got a dent in it - any cause for concern?

The 2-2-61 is the casting date (February 2, 1961), which makes it a 1961 manifold, and it's a Tonawanda casting (two digits in the year code), which wasn't used on Corvettes. The sheet metal panel is an oil splash shield - a dent won't bother it any; I always remove them and clean out the coked-up oil and crud that collects above them and re-install the shield - you don't want that stuff in your oil.

:beer

I thought the casting number was what's in the oval area down by the distributor hole, with a letter for the month. The 2-2-61 I'm referring to is cast into the same runner as the 349 casting number.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom