Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chirping noise from convertible top

gcmlear

Corvette
2004 WHITE CONVERT
Noticed lately , I get almost a continous bird like noise coming from trunk area with my top down. When I put it up it goes away, so must be something to do with the mechanizm when stored down, although I tried to duplicate the noise by moving it around. This is a 04, anybody have a similier problem , and if so how did you resolve it. many thanks

gcmlear said:
Noticed lately , I get almost a continous bird like noise coming from trunk area with my top down. When I put it up it goes away, so must be something to do with the mechanizm when stored down, although I tried to duplicate the noise by moving it around. This is a 04, anybody have a similier problem , and if so how did you resolve it. many thanks
========================================================
Hello,
I also have a 2004 convertible and thank God I don't have any squeaking or churping noise yet...I would not be able to stand the noise...sorry for your problem. You need to take it in to the dealer and ask them to let an experienced Corvette mechanic/technician adjust the top...it can be done...and its under warranty 3 year/36,000 miles. Also think about getting an extended warranty like I did. I got mine from warranty Direct for $1250 and extends mine quite a bit...I got a 7 year/60,000 mile policy no deductible, which actually adds 4 years and 24,000 extra miles to my present GM warranty...and Warranty Direct gives a list of things they don't cover so everything else is covered and thats a lot...
Keep us posted on what happens...
:beer

It might be the rub blocks on the roof that protect it when the toneau lid is down. Try putting a little silicon grease on them.

Tuna said:
It might be the rub blocks on the roof that protect it when the toneau lid is down. Try putting a little silicon grease on them.
=======================================================

Good point...:BOW :L

...or it may be a baby bird that gets pizzed when the top is pulled down and uncovers him;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom