Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cigarette lighter replacement

rebob202

Corvette
1995 LT1 coupe ... 1961 Basket Case
I need to replace the lighter to run my GPS on the 95. Anybody know how to get at it? How do I get the console apart?

Welcome to the forum!

I replaced mine last summer. It was easy but you have to remove the console carefully. I have the factory service manual (FSM) for my 94 so it should be the same. I can e-mail PDF pages to you if you'd like.

Paul

I will PM you or e-mail you.

thxs Paul

Welcome to the forum!

I replaced mine last summer. It was easy but you have to remove the console carefully. I have the factory service manual (FSM) for my 94 so it should be the same. I can e-mail PDF pages to you if you'd like.

Paul

I will PM you or e-mail you.

I'd appreciate that Paul. I have acrobat

If you look at my "things to fix page" at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3207355/2

Just scroll down a little and I have what it looks like when the center console is apart and I show where the bolts are lacated. I had to fix my PRDD21 that tells me what gear it is in. It should be an easy fix for you.

All you do is take the leather arm rest off and get to the bolts for the center console itself. Make sure you pull the center console out towards the rear of the car, adn dont bend it too much bc there are plastic clips that are easy to break!

Good Luck, hope this helps!

dogfish246,
Thxs for the help. I had a feeling the armrest had to come off but wasn't going to start pulling things apart. Couldn't find any bolts except in the cupholder!! Gonna deal with it in the am.
rebob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom