Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CITGO BOYCOTT

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF A BOYCOTT OF CITGO GAS

Citgo is "owned" by Venezuela. Prez of V. spoke in front of the UN this week & called Bush the Devil etc.

It was briefly mentioned on Rush's show that a boycott of that gas might be in order.

No way will Maine join in we're getting foreign aid from Venezuela 's drug and oil money.The Governor and Charvis are buddys.Maine accepted millions of dollars to help the needy buy fuel oil. Rush should look that one up ,he'd have a feild day.

CHARVIS IS A IDIOT AND I QUESS THAT MEANS SO IS THE GOV. OF MAINE HE SHOULD MOVE TO VENEZULEA IF HE LIKES CHARVIS SO MUCH. NO CITGO GAS FOR ME. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT CITGO IS OWNED 100% BY VENEZUELA. AND THE BOYCOTT MOST BE WORKING ELSEWHERE IN THE U.S. BECAUSE SOME CITGO STATIONS ARE CHANGING TO PETRO. EXPRESS

CHARVIS IS A IDIOT AND I QUESS THAT MEANS SO IS THE GOV. OF MAINE HE SHOULD MOVE TO VENEZULEA IF HE LIKES CHARVIS SO MUCH. NO CITGO GAS FOR ME. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT CITGO IS OWNED 100% BY VENEZUELA. AND THE BOYCOTT MOST BE WORKING ELSEWHERE IN THE U.S. BECAUSE SOME CITGO STATIONS ARE CHANGING TO PETRO. EXPRESS
I can't agree with you more that the Gov.'s an idiot 'but he'll be re-elected in Nov.

CHARVIS MAKE A DONATION ? THIS BOYCOTT MUST BE PICKING UP STEAM CHECK OUT CITGO BOYCOTT ON GOOGLE

Here's a few for ya...

Chavez-5H.jpg

2hn75zb.jpg

Hmm well we were still busy today. Some stations aren't owned by "Citgo". Some stations just pay to use the name.

7-Eleven Dumps Venezuela-Backed Citgo Gasoline

9946802_480X360.jpg

7-Eleven convenience store and Citgo gas station​

Company Switching To Own Brand Of Fuel

DALLAS -- 7-Eleven Inc. is dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo as its gasoline supplier after more than 20 years as part of a previously announced plan by the convenience store operator to launch its own brand of fuel.

7-Eleven officials said Wednesday that the company's decision was partly motivated by politics.

Citgo Petroleum Corp. is a Houston-based subsidiary of Venezuela's state-run oil company and 7-Eleven is worried that anti-American comments made by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez might prompt motorists to fill-up elsewhere.

Chavez has called President George W. Bush the devil and an alcoholic. The U.S. government has warned that Chavez is a destabilizing force in Latin America.

More...

7-Eleven convenience store and Citgo gas station​

Company Switching To Own Brand Of Fuel

DALLAS -- 7-Eleven Inc. is dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo as its gasoline supplier after more than 20 years as part of a previously announced plan by the convenience store operator to launch its own brand of fuel.

7-Eleven officials said Wednesday that the company's decision was partly motivated by politics.

Citgo Petroleum Corp. is a Houston-based subsidiary of Venezuela's state-run oil company and 7-Eleven is worried that anti-American comments made by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez might prompt motorists to fill-up elsewhere.

Chavez has called President George W. Bush the devil and an alcoholic. The U.S. government has warned that Chavez is a destabilizing force in Latin America.

More...

I bet they will still get racing fuel from Citgo. Like every other gas station does that carries 110 leaded ;). Or at least that is the way it is around here.

Been boycotting Citgo for years, now.

Joe

Just to report back in, but since we didn't jump our gas prices like every other station did to 2.17 (we stayed at 2.07) we were busy the entire night. They were practically lined up out to the street almost the whole night.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom