Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cleaning and painting the garage

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
I'm in the middle of cleaning the garage for my son's graduation party. The house is 12 years old and has a textured ceiling with a lot of fly specs on it for character. I tried to get by with just painting the walls but the wife would have none of it. She reminded me of the sprayer she bought a few years ago to spray stain on the cedar siding with. I never used it and never even opened it up to see what she bought. I thought it was a
Wagner airless with a paint can feed. Wrong. It is a Wagner Finish Detail sprayer. Basically a HVLP fan system. Pretty :cool I thought. Well I read the instructions (really) and found info on every type of paint from oil base house enamel to automotive paint but nothing on latex wall or ceiling paint.

Not to be discouraged I got out the viscosity cup and started playing. I found that 2 parts latex to one part water would give me a 35 second viscosity. Lets fire that baby up and get spraying. Not too much overspray so I threw a drop cloth over some lawn furniture and the grille and started painting. I was getting some overspray on the John Deere but it was just dust, not to worry. I opened up the paint feed a little and in a couple hours I was done. Beautiful white ceiling.....and floor....and John Deere....and 2 white compressors and a few other things. Sticky too. What happened to the dry dust?

I cleaned up the sprayer and washed the compressors and a few other things. Tomorrow I'll get out the presssure washer and do the lawn mower, wagon and floor. I think I should have invested in more plastic. :eyerole

Tom

Dont feel bad,I did the same thing to the wifes brand new bike one time only it was white polyurethane.:eekI never heard the end of that one. :nono

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom