Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

climate control module

S

Skibum458

I have a 2002 C5 convertible and I have a weird problem with my climate control. The LED readout went dim. If I tap the module it brightens up a bit but eventually goes dim again. When I unplugged the module and plugged it back in it went bright like it should be, then wend dim again when I reinstalled the console pieces. Has anybody heard of this?

Skibum, first off Welcome to CAC. You will find lots of knowledgeable people here to help with your issues. :w

Now what you have sounds to be the classic problem with the display. It needs to be re soldered. It is apparently a fairly easy fix, although I've not done it myself (I haven't had the need to yet). I'll do some checking and see if I can find the links to the threads where this is discussed.

Welcome

The article referred to is the best, I think it took me longer to get the control module out of the car then it did to fix it. I am sure glad I came across that article when I did because I was ready to pull the unit and send it off to be fixed. Instead, I had the thing bright and working again in about 30 to 40 minutes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom