Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Climate Control Temperature Stuck?? Help?

Emmasdad

Corvette
1993 Quasar Blue Convertible
Hey all, as a new Vette owner I'm learning lots of great stuff, most of it from this site. I've put 1,000 miles on my 93' convertible. It is up to 9000. Today I was driving along and adjusting the temperature. The temp. button would raise the temperature but the down arrow to drop the temp. doesn't seem to work at all. It is stuck on 90. When I hit the up (red) side the interior temp. setting shows (at 90) just like it's supposed to. When I attempt to lower the temp. by hitting the button, the interior temp. setting doesn't show and the temp. won't drop.

When it first started doing it while driving, the off and auto buttons didn't work either. Back at home in the garage everything is working now except the temperature lowering side of the auto temp button. Still stuck on 90. Any ideas?

P.S. I don't have a service manual, only the owner's manual that I've looked at for ideas. I'm hoping for something simple I can fix myself before going to the dealer.

-Matt

Hey Matt, there are several threads on here about that very problem. some times you might get lucky with just a vaccum problem.if not you have two modules ,the head unit in the dash,thats the one with the buttons.there is also one under the dash with several vacuum lines .they are suppost to work together ,to either heat or cool down the interior.:boogiethose of you h
who never had a problem with it can`t relate to the fun of having heat blow at you while the outside temp is in the 90`s.I have pretty much resolved to the fact if i open the windows it is much easier to regulate the inside temp.....Good luck,bill

Thanks Bill

Thanks Bill. Yesterday morning I pulled out every fuse I could find that was associated with the climate control system. When I put them back in, It seemed to work so I hit the off button and called it good for now. I'll eventually try to play with the climate control and see if it will work as it should in the near future. Maybe on the way to the winter storage facility! Thanks for your reply.

-Matt

The darn thing started working again after I pulled the fuses. Today, the last thing that wasn't working (temp. down arrow) worked. I set it at 70 and called it good. It will go into storage soon, and I'll wait and see what it does in the spring. Thanks again for your help

Thanks for the info. 6 shooter. That thread has a ton of info. The darn thing started working again after I pulled the fuses. Today, the last thing that wasn't working (temp. down arrow) worked. I set it at 70 and called it good. It will go into storage soon, and I'll wait and see what it does in the spring. Thanks again for your help
That thread has bailed out allot of guy's,Even some of us Seasoned Old Timers!!

Here is something that might help. This thing looks like it belongs on the space shuttle..

http://www.batee.com/corvette/acrepair/c68pgmrboard/c68.shtml
Lot of good Info there too!!! I think the problem is in the Control unit,I've took them apart and cleaned the contacts on the switches and buttons!! But you have to be real careful there real delicate!!Don't just Blast them full of contact cleaner,You'll have a Melt down!!!:chuckle Been there, Done that!!!:upthumbs

Something Else to ponder

I'll find a post from a few weeks ago.....
BRB

Thanks again guys

Man do I wish I just had a couple of sliding doodads and a fan control !! That diagram looks pretty confusing. I think it will be ok, I'm hoping to go for another ride tomorrow and see how it's doing. Unfortunately, my first Vette has to go into storage soon, but I sure have enjoyed my first 2 months with it. In the Buffalo region we had snow on October 14th last year. I'm going to get out and enjoy it as much as possible between now and then. Makes me jealous of you guys living in the south.

-Matt

You mention the vacuum valve on the passenger side of the engine and I had this in my files and thought it might be of some help.

290560320_79fb23d3ab.jpg
">

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom