Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cluster dash removal for 94?

You have to remove the shifter plate, 2 screws in cupholder and just inside center console. Remove both knee pads, remove radio/AC bezel and all air vents.
Then remove all the screws holding the dash pad, there is 2 under the fuse box cover and the is bolts under the dash on both sides, 2 10mm as I remember and there is 1 under the defroster vent.

That gets the Dashpad out, now comes the fun part.

There are 4 screws holding the cluster in, 2 on top and 2 on either side of the steering column, if your column is in, you will need a short screw driver or a philips driver on a swivel, but you may not. I have big hands and had could not use a regular length screwdriver.
Might want to take off the light switch cover to make it easier to get the cluster out.
Task is not hard, but is very time consuming and be VERY careful with the plastic, it is 16yrs old and is brittle, I broke off 3 tabs doing mine.

Thanks Surfer, sounds like alot of work. I'm having a proplem with my digital gauges not work, Not showing Oil temp.Coolant Temp,volts, Oil Temp. Etc. Is this why you took your cluster apart?
Eddie Tee:)

Thanks Surfer, sounds like alot of work. I'm having a proplem with my digital gauges not work, Not showing Oil temp.Coolant Temp,volts, Oil Temp. Etc. Is this why you took your cluster apart?
Eddie Tee:)
Actually,he did go through to much work!!:L:L:L
No need to remove the dash pad or passenger knee pad!:thumb

1. Remove Console Top
2. Remove Radio/AC Bezel
3. Remove Center AC Vents
4. Remove Drivers Information Center/W Switches
5. Remove Drivers Knee Pad
6. Remove Drivers Knee Pad Reinforcement (4/10 MM Hex//some have Torx in center too!)
7. Remove the 2 mounting nuts about midway of steering column (Allows column to drop down!)
8. Remove Cluster Bezel (5 Screws 3 Top,2 Bottom
9. Remove Cluster (4 Screws)
Takes me about 30-40 minutes,:thumbDepending on how many times the phone rings, and whether it's "LT4man,MM-C5,Cruzer99,Bucket or Vett Boy" on the line!:boogie:boogie:boogie
10. Your problem is probly right here,Clean male and female W/ Plastic Safe Contact Cleaner!:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

:thumb :beer

Just got through taking out the cluster and putting it back in. Spent a while on it since i'm no mechanic. Digital gauges still not working:bang Is there a fuse that can stop the Gauges from working or should I use the electronic spray on one of the connector's under the hood?

The Gauges show as following. "Coolant oF"
"Oil Temp.oF"
"Volts ----"

Thanks Eddie Tee

Sorry, forgot I took my pad off to re-glue the pad down.
No, I took the cluster out to clean the gauge cover, someone had used a cleaner on it and it had white streaks all over.
Memory is going!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom