Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: clutch pedal

Canonman

Corvette
Hello and greetings:

As I am relatively new at owning a Vette, I am hoping someone can set me on the right path. Sunday I was out for a local drive and I pushed the clutch pedal down as I was coming to a stop and at first I heard a loud snapping sound and then the pedal went straight to the floor and does not return . Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hello and greetings:

As I am relatively new at owning a Vette, I am hoping someone can set me on the right path. Sunday I was out for a local drive and I pushed the clutch pedal down as I was coming to a stop and at first I heard a loud snapping sound and then the pedal went straight to the floor and does not return . Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Tim
First thought is a broken return spring.

Hi Tim,
welcome to the :CAC.

i am with Frank on that one. There is a spring on the pedal pulling it back. They do get brittle, squeek and break. Might be as simple as that.

Let us know what you find.

:w
Stefan

The "return spring" might be the problem, but I suspect it's other than that.

Either the clutch itself has failed, the clutch fork in the bell housing is broken, the clutch cross shaft has failed or one of the two link rods has broken.

You can view the cross shaft by opening the hood and looking on the driver side of the engine, behind the steering gear and outboard of the driver-side exhaust manifold.

Get the car up on a rack to check the clutch fork.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom