Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clutch Replacement

Luigi - How did you blow it? Major hole shot? Or was it just it's time?

Was it the original stock clutch? What are you going with for a replacement?

I think it was a combination of time and use :)

Since I got the car there was a minor rattle when it was in neutral. Some people said it was clutch clatter some said it was due to the dual mass flywheel.

Also this weekend I went to the west coast of Florida and of course hot-dogged it to and from.

The stock clutch was a Centerforce and I am replacing it with the same. I am aslo replacing the clutch master cylinder hydraulics and other routine maintenance now that the car has 18K miles.
These items include flush/drain of brake fluid (lines are OK), Rear End Fluid, and fuel filter. I have been wanting to do these additional thinks since 15K miles (and was going to do them myself) but one thing had led to another. So while its on the lift I gave the mechanic a maintenance list.

Luigi

...I guess you didn't buy your Callaway to drive huh:D
Have you decided to drive it to carlisle or do the Auto Train? I suppose a trailer and a pickup would also be an option...
Enjoy! *89x2*

The more I think about it the more I lean towards the train route. Though I really enjoy driving the Callaway around, the train will save me close to 1700 miles round trip), mostly on I-95 (and save me about 200 paint chips to the nose. However, if there is a Callaway Caravan forming from the South then I might reconsider.

The only decision I have made so far is to go.

When the hotel block/info is announced I will make reservations.

Extra Security sounds like a good idea. I have never been to this type of event before but I wonder if hotels there have extra security for the event anyways to promote stays at their respective properties. The last thing an event like this needs is attendee cars targeted for theft & vandalism but then again if you're gonna steal cars, this would be the place to do it.

One more question, should I take the hardtop or go convertible?? Either way the car looks good but I really enjoy the convertible form. The hardtop is obviously more secure. What do you guys think??

Luigi

TurboLuigi said:

One more question, should I take the hardtop or go convertible?? Either way the car looks good but I really enjoy the convertible form. The hardtop is obviously more secure. What do you guys think??

Luigi

It's August... prime top down weather. My hardtop is staying at home! The sunscreen will be flowing freely. :cool

Folks,

My Callaway is Operational again :D

The shop (Malik Motors in South Miami) did an awesome job. This guy specializes in Corvettes (all years). If anyone is down here and needs work done, this guy is very good.

The CenterForce Clutch has been replaced, Clutch Master/Slave cylinders replaced, Flywheel resurfaced, and while I was at it I had him do all fluids (Brake, Rear End, Tranny, Oil, etc) as well as to change the fuel filter.

The car feels as good as new.!

Stan/David again thanks for the help & advise.

Luigi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom