Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Comm issues

Best Vette Yet

Corvette
2003 Medium Spiral Grey
My Vette, 03 Coupe, 45500 miles, experienced an issue this morning. I rolled down the passenger and drivers windows to get some thru' air, it was a beautiful morning. Went to close the windows after I had parked and found the passenger window would not roll up. Did a diagnostic check, found RDCM no comm. All other functions on the passenger side, like lock/unlock etc will not function either. Any ideas anyone or is there a link to a previous issue like this one out there? Appreciate the input. :mad

I had the same exact problem last year. I believe it was Vettex2 who pointed me in the right direction. All I had to do was pull the boot out of the forward doorjamb to expose the connector for the door electronics. I unplugged it, cleaned it out with a small stiff bristle paint brush and a shot of WD, blew it out with compressed air and reconnected it. It took all of three minutes. I haven’t had a problem since. Let us know if you find something else going on.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...nce/123132-passenger-window-intermittent.html
:beer

Owing to the window being down and very little response from the board, I had to take the vette into the agents and got them to look at it. It turns out that the tech took the door apart, did not find anything unusual. He traced the fault down to a "no voltage" situation on the RDCM, then traced the fault to the fuse box under the passenger side foot rest area and found loose grounds. He tightened those up and everything came back to life. Cost was labor intensive but at least I got my issue solved.

Owing to the window being down and very little response from the board, I had to take the vette into the agents and got them to look at it. It turns out that the tech took the door apart, did not find anything unusual. He traced the fault down to a "no voltage" situation on the RDCM, then traced the fault to the fuse box under the passenger side foot rest area and found loose grounds. He tightened those up and everything came back to life. Cost was labor intensive but at least I got my issue solved.

I honestly don't think that was your issue. That's what they told you but this is a common failure with people who allow their cars to sit for long periods. The door will quit working due to non-use. What usually fixes the problem is slamming the door while holding the button down. Here a link that deals directly with what you were experiencing. You could have gotten off much cheaper. If the problem comes back, you know that they served you up a BS repair.

Passenger door lock and window inop...... - Corvette Forum

I honestly don't think that was your issue. That's what they told you but this is a common failure with people who allow their cars to sit for long periods. The door will quit working due to non-use. What usually fixes the problem is slamming the door while holding the button down. Here a link that deals directly with what you were experiencing. You could have gotten off much cheaper. If the problem comes back, you know that they served you up a BS repair.

Passenger door lock and window inop...... - Corvette Forum

Hey Junkman, thank you for your reply. It is a pity that I could not have received this advice before I took my beloved vette to the agents. This little fiasco cost me a pretty packet in labor and from the posts I have read from your link, I could have solved the issue myself without it costing me very much cash, time only. Go well, enjoy the winter, SUMMER is just around the corner ... then we can RIDE :happyanim:again.

There are quite a few issues that are common with this car. I have done writeup's on most of them. Before you ever take it to get repaired, check all the forums first. You will be surprised at how easy some of the fixes are.

There are quite a few issues that are common with this car. I have done writeup's on most of them. Before you ever take it to get repaired, check all the forums first. You will be surprised at how easy some of the fixes are.

I searched the forums for an answer before I posted but could not find anything. Perhaps I was using the wrong words in the search engine or did not really know where to look. Good advice you have given me though, thank you. :beer

Don't feel bad, the search engines kinda suck on all the forums. You're sometimes better off using Google.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom