Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Compression Testing.................Something You Need To Know

That is really odd. Are you using a CR tester with a rubber cone or threaded end?

Doug is a professional and although I don't know what Antz does from 8 to 5; however he is damn sharp also. I'd listen to what they say.

Thanks kpic.

I was wondering if he was using a rubber cone on his tester also. It's the only logical thing i can think of to explain it.

8 till 5 are horrible hours by the way. I'd spend far too much time in traffic.

Thanks kpic.

I was wondering if he was using a rubber cone on his tester also. It's the only logical thing i can think of to explain it.

8 till 5 are horrible hours by the way. I'd spend far too much time in traffic.

Again. as a design type it either fits or it doesn't fit.

Are we mistakenly applying logic in the wrong situation is the first question. ;)

Hopefully, you are more blessed than either of us. We live in the country in a rural setting. When we worked, we drove 45-50 minutes and the drive was well worth it to live surrounded by nature. I've always managed to drive further to enjoy where I lived than lived closer to avoid the drive.

The whole point of this thread is to inform you of the REAL possibility a compression test with poor results doesn't necessarily indicate a bad valve or seat. If there is any carbon stuck to the valve face or seat the compression test will yield a low reading. In my case my compression tests didn't show normal pressures until about the 10th or 11th test.
AGAIN late to the party

Dude look most of us have been there done that and the ones that didn't probably don't care....

AND a low reading IS NOT AN OPEN VALVE

A stuck open valve would be a no reading!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom