Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Computer Issues 1992 LT1 Corvette

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
Hi Everyone,

I have a 92 Vette (automatic) that within the last few months the "Service Engine Soon" light has come on while I have been driving. Quickly after that the "Service ARS" light will come on. The digital speedometer will stop working and the security light will come on as I am driving also. I have tried punching the gas and the car will jerk as it is switching gears quickly and these warning message lights usually appear too. A few times the car has stalled on me when Im driving under 15 mph---At first I think it was because I just filled the tank, so I treated it as bad gas, and the problem went away. But now it is happening more and more-- so Im begining to think its a computer issue also. I have a new computer on order from Chevy and was told the old computer was not bolted down properly which could have started all these issues.

Has anyone had any issues like this? If so, is it all related to the computer (stalling, warning lights appearing, and jerking between gears)? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Junkyard, My 90 coupe with auto just starting acting like your Corvette. It would quit after 3 blocks, then I could re-start it and it then ran fine. I pulled the codes and had high voltage errors on 3 components one day, then low voltage errors the next day. I have the car at a Corvette shop having a new ECU installed now. The mechanic gave me a suggestion- do a FONZI on the top of the computer cover( give it a hard rap with your fist or rubber mallet). One of two things will happen. It will get much worse or a whole lot better. I got lucky, mine ran fine after that for 40 miles so I could get the car to the repair shop. Prior to the FONZI, I couldn't get 2 miles without coasting to the side of the road.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom