Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Considering get rid of the Vette

Just looking at the Top ten Muscle Cars, some awesome pictures and cars.I would post some now on this thread if I knew how. I'll try .Now remember, the 69 is a new project, lots of parts in boxes waiting to get put on.The 70 is a driver, but still work in progress.Ok, the 69 on the trailer is the day I brought it home. Allot has been done already, motor trans installed, still working on the sheet metal. Full quarters bought, new front sheet metal soon to be bought. Have not decided on a color yet, original glacier blue.
The 70 is a factory red car, 4 speed of course.

Attachments

• 0605111712.jpg
    0605111712.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 0628111250[1].jpg
    0628111250[1].jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 0628111252[1].jpg
    0628111252[1].jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 0812111352.jpg
    0812111352.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 66
New trim rings and center caps have since been installed. I'm looking at replacing the rear spoiler with the short version also. I will post more pictures soon. I just have too many projects!

Thats a wolf is a sheeps clothing for sure! Corvette is disgise!I prefer the brute strength of the bbc myself. My is just a 325 horse now, but I will wake it up!

I should have known that was coming. It looks like it's got some Cadillac hues too

Ahhhh yeah...

Anyone that knows cars will know that that car is far from a Wolf in Sheeps clothing. :D

Read the whole thread to see you traded and got a Camaro. I love those 70-72 Camaros. I may be the only one in the country that actually likes that body style better than the 67-69. I own a '71 Chevelle and have had many discussions on Team Chevelle (there is a Team Camaro by the way) that I argue that I like the '71 better than the much famed 1970; I was born in 1971. That has a WHOLE lot to do with it. :D I have a before and after pictures oof my Chevelle in my album.

The Camaro is lookin' good by the way. Nothing like starting up a classic Muscle car, cruising down the road, listening to some old rock n' roll, while the exhaust is howling in the background (Flowmaster 40 series of course).

New Camaro

Considering most of the new Camaros are V6's that ZL1 would be a wolf in sheeps clothing! I love it, but probably will never own one.
You know after driving the early camaros and then the 2nd gen, I too seem to like the 2nd better as far as ride and handling. But the 69 has the best style, in my opionion, than any other Camaro.Its been my favorite all my life. I have restored a 67 RS/SS 396 Camaro, 68 SS, which I stufted a LS6 454 in. Awsome but traction wasn't an option. Now the 69 with 396 4 speed.Have not hadit running yet so don't know how it will do. The 70 Camaro with a 406 with LT1 heads runs strong, still needs tuned in. I still enjoy all Corvettes , Chevelles and Camaros and always will own one or the other, just have my hands full of Camaro'sat the moment!

I was talking about the '69 6 Shooter posted. I didn't see the ZL1 until after I had posted.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick a '69 Camaro out of my driveway and if I did, my wife would kick me out of the house. That's what she wants, a '69 Camaro, that's the year she was born.

Ole 6 Shooter is sitting out in front of that fifth-wheel, drinkin' too much Jack.;LOL

The Camaro, even with the LSA under the hood, is far from a Corvette in disguise.

The LSA is only 550 hp and the Camaro weighs nearly 700 lbs more than the heaviest Corvette.

Hey Hib,
What the price tag of ther ZL1 Camaro? If it's anything like the 69 ZL1, it will be a great investment! If we had only knew!

...the Camaro weighs nearly 700 lbs more than the heaviest Corvette.

Yeah- that's what just gets me... the new Camaro's weight. :eek

They really are "heavy metal"!!!:chuckle

Heavy Metal?

My thoughts on that are, Chevy won't produce a Camaro that will out run the Vette. I know I will get some rebutal on this. But a few years ago, the Chevy kinked the exhaust on the Camaro to keep it from outrunning the Vette. After all, why spend 60k on a car when a 30k car faster.I'm sure this will get some slack but its true!

My thoughts on that are, Chevy won't produce a Camaro that will out run the Vette. I know I will get some rebutal on this. But a few years ago, the Chevy kinked the exhaust on the Camaro to keep it from outrunning the Vette. After all, why spend 60k on a car when a 30k car faster.I'm sure this will get some slack but its true!

Flame suit on...
:flaming

( :chuckle )

I won't argue that GM had a few models that were faster than the Vette. Heck... even GMC had the Syclone back in '91 that would out accelerate a stock, base model Vette.

As for Fbodies... the '89 TTA is the best example of a very fast Fbody that was in fact faster than the same year model base Vette. However, it was a special edition car and not the base. Then, there were the Firehawks and WS6 cars (1993-1996... again, NOT THE BASE) which approached the acceleration of a stock, base, auto LT1 Vettes.

But it wasn't until the C5 came along that a base Vette could really beat up easily (again) on the high-end Fbody.

What has NEVER changed is that these are two different cars with different purposes (with different budgets ;):chuckle).

:thumb

ZL1 Performance reports?

6 Shooter, what was the posted performance reports on that 580 HP? Be interesting to know how it compares to the new base Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom