Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Console Ground

Mooser

Corvette
1972 BB Coupe
Where oh where does my little ground go.
On my 72, under the shifter plate (auto) there are 2 black wires that go into a common clip. I suspect that they should go to the bolted on tang that is on the side of the heater control, however, there is already a single black sire on that tang. it goes into the harness and up towards the speedo and tach. I've seen other GM's where there was a tang on the cig-lighter for a separate ground but this one has only the center hot tang.
Anyone with a better wiring diagram?
Thanks
Mooser

You should find a ground tang on the trim plate. It's near the ash tray mount on my '68.

:)

Yeah I think thats what I'm gonna do, add a tang to one of the ashtray bolts and plug it in there.
Thanks
Mooser

Where oh where does my little ground go.
On my 72, under the shifter plate (auto) there are 2 black wires that go into a common clip. I suspect that they should go to the bolted on tang that is on the side of the heater control, however, there is already a single black sire on that tang. it goes into the harness and up towards the speedo and tach. I've seen other GM's where there was a tang on the cig-lighter for a separate ground but this one has only the center hot tang.
Anyone with a better wiring diagram?
Thanks
Mooser
Hello Mooser, I realize your inquiry post 16 years ago and I hope you remember it, lol. I’m having exactly the same problem. I’m wondering if you remember where the common clip went (2 black wires), if not on the tang on side of the heater? And, did you make a ground from somewhere else on the bottom of the shifter plate and to where?
Thanks, I’m banging my head here and blowing fuses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom